Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm new to the site, also just purchased a new bike (04 gsx-r 600 black and orange). This is my second bike, as i just sold my first bike 3 months ago (01 R6). I'm still in the newbie rider stages, and appreciate all the great info on this site from the experienced riders here. I'm still breaking this bike in, which is a great aid in not going all out too soon, while learning to ride.

Thanks,
-Richie

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
welcome aboard and have fun. Please be safe, and nice bike.. Maybe you can post a pic of it in the the "Pictures" section.. I'd love to see it....

Japbike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll get some pics up as soon as its nice out again :) hopefully tomorrow, here's one, but its in my garage which isn't finished yet lol....

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sweet bike I love the colors, get an exhaust on that baby quick!

Oh and welcome!!! :twofinger <---(standard sbn greeting)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
welcome aboard, and congrat's on the new bike, it looks good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone appreciate it. Looking at exhausts for the past hour online as we type :)

Oh...one more thing.... :flipa
wanted to just send that standard greeting back out to ya!

-Richie

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Welcome

Now,what do you mean by.........learning to ride.

That is not the bike to be............learning to ride.

No matter how slick it looks.

Have you ever taken the MSF course?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I'm still trying to figure this one out... So how long did you have/ride the R6 before you sold it? How many miles you put on it? And why did you sell it? How long have you been riding in general?? MSF course? Wrecked yet? And why sell a Yamaha for a Suzuki:twofinger??? Look at frame sliders not exhausts, what would you rather do pay 40 for frame sliders or over 1k in damages to half your bike...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, didn't mean to cause so much confusion by my post. First off, I owned the R6 for about 9 months. I really didn't have much time to ride while I owned it. I think I only was able to put on about 800 miles on the bike in the 9 months. ( i moved right after buying it for 3 months not being able to ride at all). Thats been my experience so far (limited I know) with sportbikes, except for alot of local parking lot practice that I do all the time. This bike was just bought on Saturday, and I've got the frame sliders and bar ends coming already. I also have the helmet,jacket,gloves etc.. and i'm in the process of looking at boots as well, haven't found a set yet. So yes keeping the bike together is much more important to me than "looks" like some suggest... I take riding seriously, and the street has to be respected, I just enjoy getting out and riding back country roads. Lastly, why the gsxr over the old R6, the gsxr has been alot more comfortable feeling to me while riding, don't get me wrong my old R6 i loved, and had a really hard time choosing between the two bikes, but after riding a friends gsxr I felt much more comfortable on that bike than I did on the R6. Any questions I missed?

·
Registered
584 Posts
you missed a question on MSF

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
So what's taking you so long to enroll?

You might want to do that ASAP cause that bike of yours will KILL your ass if you don't know what your doing,and you don't.

800 miles and the parking lot by yourself is not going to teach you how to stay alive.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Woohoo....another self taught, probably no license having, started on way too much bike NEWBIE! YAY.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Hey Taz you're not cool unless you start on a brand spankin' new 600, lol. I'm biting my tongue bad on the 4 "I just got a 600, woohoo!!" threads, good thing I'm sick and need to conserve energy right now or I'd force them to read a novel of a post :twofinger

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on your new bike rc, thats pretty hot. You got the best 04' IMO. :headbang Take it easy for a while and you'll be fine. Dont mind the others on this board flaming you for your decision, there a little over the top and maybe a little too into sportbikes.net. Anywayz, have fun with that thing and take the MSF soon as possible.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Riiiiiiight, and you're probably in the same boat as him. No ones flaming, look in the rules and see what flaming really is. IMHO who the hell buys a bike before they take the MSF??!! Just doesn't make sense... Thats why I think that everyone should have to take it to get their endorsement and you should have to prove proof of endorsement before purchase. I think that would help a lot of people...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The MSF isnt mandatory, its just suggested. Believe it or not there are people that learn how to ride bikes on there own and do just fine...

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
It'd be different if he rode dirtbikes, to me thats the best learning tool. However, he tried to teach himself in a parking lot on a R6, thats insane! It isn't mandatory, but it should be, and you can't tell me it shoudln't people shouldn't teach themselves how to ride, especially people who try to teach themselves on a 600cc and up bike!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts