Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the FZ6 that I'll post separately, but I figured I'd introduce myself first...

My name is Mike, I'm 34, and I live in Franklin NH. I rode dirtbikes as a kid, but stopped somewhere around the age of 16 or 17. In 2002 I decided I wanted to start riding again, so I took the MSF course and bought a Honda XR650L dual sport bike. I still have it (currently running some supermoto tires on it) and it's a blast to ride on the street, but I've decided that I want something that's comfortable to ride for more than 20 minutes at a time. I started looking for a streetbike that's sporty but without that "crotch rocket" sitting position. Needless to say all the research that I did keeps bringing me back to the FZ6, and I've since fallen in LUST with this bike. I still need to test ride one (hopefully tonight), but I'm pretty sure I've got my mind made up. I rode an FZ1 last night and it handled really nice, but has more motor than I want and older technology. The FZ6 seems to be exactly what I'm looking for...

A couple other side notes about me if you're interested... I do alot of cycling (race mtn bikes in a local series and I've also dabbled a bit in racing my road bike), and I also do alot of snowmobiling in the winter.

Well that's me in a nutshell! Hopefully soon I'll be the proud new owner of a new FZ6 (silver of course) :) , and will become an active member of this forum. It looks like you've got a great bunch here!

Thanks,
-Mike

:cheers

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
MTNBYKR said:
I have a few questions about the FZ6 that I'll post separately, but I figured I'd introduce myself first...

My name is Mike, I'm 34, and I live in Franklin NH. I rode dirtbikes as a kid, but stopped somewhere around the age of 16 or 17. In 2002 I decided I wanted to start riding again, so I took the MSF course and bought a Honda XR650L dual sport bike. I still have it (currently running some supermoto tires on it) and it's a blast to ride on the street, but I've decided that I want something that's comfortable to ride for more than 20 minutes at a time. I started looking for a streetbike that's sporty but without that "crotch rocket" sitting position. Needless to say all the research that I did keeps bringing me back to the FZ6, and I've since fallen in LUST with this bike. I still need to test ride one (hopefully tonight), but I'm pretty sure I've got my mind made up. I rode an FZ1 last night and it handled really nice, but has more motor than I want and older technology. The FZ6 seems to be exactly what I'm looking for...

A couple other side notes about me if you're interested... I do alot of cycling (race mtn bikes in a local series and I've also dabbled a bit in racing my road bike), and I also do alot of snowmobiling in the winter.

Well that's me in a nutshell! Hopefully soon I'll be the proud new owner of a new FZ6 (silver of course) :) , and will become an active member of this forum. It looks like you've got a great bunch here!

Thanks,
-Mike

Our thoughts exactly, welcome aboard! :banana

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
Someone else lusting but not yet owning. Thanks, now I am not so lonely. :beer

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
MTNBYKR said:
Hopefully soon I'll be the proud new owner of a new FZ6 (silver of course) :) , and will become an active member of this forum. It looks like you've got a great bunch here!

Thanks,
-Mike

Good to meet you Mike, welcome aboard.

The silver is probably a wise choice. Coming from your 650L the faster BLUE would probably be too much of a shock. :lao

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
:welcome !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts