Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here just signed a few days ago. I've had my FZ6 for a little over a year and have done over 12000 miles on her.

I've done a few mods to my bike: DNA sports air filter, power commander III, laser extreme 4 X muffler sports exhaust, scott oiler, belly pan, hugger, blue puig screen, stainless radiator cover, pro bolt kits, indicators, FAZR6 FE kit and mini plate and some other bits and pieces.

I'm currently a member of the Fazer owners club - unoffcial / www.foc-u.co.uk and enjoy posting on there, I'm sure that it's pretty much the same friendly banter that goes on, in here too.

Anyway, thanks for reading hope to add any knowledge as I can and you can bet I'll be asking a few questions about FZ6's in the near future.

Cheers

Dan.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome Dan! Please post some pictures for us!

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um, no, should I?

Dan.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some pics - did that work???

Dan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Svveet. I like the lighter blue tank protection. No sliders? How hard was it to install the oiler? Do you like it?

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Welcome Dan. How did you modify that license plate light with the Xtremes? It looks clean. Damn, I miss those pipes!

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott oiler

oiler was easy, took around half an hour. I mounted the RSV unit under the seat, then lead the piping down past the hugger leading under the swing arm to the rear sprocket. Vacum tube runs from vacum overflow under the tank then the seat to the RSV. works a treat and only have to refill once every 500 miles in this weather (summer over here).

Dan.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hams51 said:
Welcome Dan. How did you modify that license plate light with the Xtremes? It looks clean. Damn, I miss those pipes!

It's the original plate light, using FAZR6 FE kit, he posts on here I'm sure.

Dan.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
segue00 said:
Welcome, Dan.

How's the chain fling with the scott oiler?
Chain is fine still going strong at 12,000 miles. The oiler keeps the chain nice and clean, but it does throw some crud over the back wheel (inside the rim, not on the tyre that would be hazardous I would think lol) and swing arm, but I love cleaning my bike so it's never a problem.

Dan.

Attachments

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
that oiler looks pretty cool. for some reason it is hard for me to lube the chain at the specified 300 mi.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
segue00 said:
Manual says at 600 miles intervals on lubing the chain.:)
That must be ok for you guys over there, 600 miles oil the chain intervals over here would mean a new chain every 600 miles lol.

Now with the Scott oiler you can forget about it (well until you need to refill the damn thing).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts