Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my local Kawasaki dealer today and he had a used ZRX for sale, an '01 model with 18000 miles and a small scratch on the rear plastic for $3000.00. Does this sound like a good deal? I'm thinking of picking it up but I wanted to get some feedback from owners on the true nature of this bike.

Thanks in advance....

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, I went back there today to buy it, but thanks to my luck, it was sold three days ago. Thanks once again!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Chauncey: Just remember to throw on a new set of tires if it needs it. Really makes a difference in the way those bike handle. Lawmanadam got an '01 with around 6K with the original 020's. Bike handled very funky!! M1 and Z6 Metzler is a very good combo. If your a flatlander, keep the tire pressure at around 38-40. If it still feels sluggish in the corners, let me know.

·
SBN's bad luck charm
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, EA6, but the damn thing got sold not even 72 hours after I looked at it. I was, and still am, a little pissed I didn't buy it right then. I had more than enough cash to buy it outright, slap some new meats on there, pay the sales tax, registration, and two years' worth of insurance but did I do it? Noooo, I listened to that naggin' voice inside my head that said, "See what the owners on SBN have to say." Needless to say, even guys/girls that don't own this bike still say it's a solid buy, despite it's rather portly weight.

Ah well, better luck next time!!

Thanks again, I'll keep that in mind regarding the tires! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had better luck just buying a new one rather than looking for a good used one. Prices are marked down now as the '04 model year is closing out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lawmanadam has an '01 he might sell. About 7K+miles, Green. He just got it several months ago. Has a few mods and is in premo shape. Gonna be close to $4K, but you'd have to hash that out with him, but it's all the way over here..... :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Chauncey! I have a 2002 Green (Eddie Lawson edition) ZRX1200R with only 1640 miles on it which I am willing to sell. It's as good as new. Not a scratch on it. Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts