Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For monster owners:

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/08/fbi-report-on-cop-attackers-released.html

Predominately, handguns were used in the assaults on officers and all but one handgun was obtained illegally. Street transactions and theft are the primary source of weapons. In contrast to anti-gun myths, none of the firearms in the study were obtained from gun shows or from straw purchases. Weapon choice was governed by weapon availability. Only one offender picked out a particular gun "because he felt it would do the most damage to a human being." Criminals seem to understand that the indian plays a more important role than the arrow. In a presentation for the International Assn. of Chiefs of Police, Agent Ed Davis noted that none of the attackers interviewed was "hindered by any law, federal, state or local, that has ever been established to prevent gun ownership. They just laughed at gun laws."

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SacDuc said:
Hooray for anecdotal evidence and propaganda!

not really...

"Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers." Dr. Anthony J. Pinizzotto. The study is the third in a series of long investigations into fatal and nonfatal attacks on police officers by the FBI team of Dr. Anthony Pinizzotto, clinical forensic psychologist, and Ed Davis, criminal investigative instructor, both with the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, and Charles Miller III, coordinator of the LEOs Killed and Assaulted program.
"Violent Encounters: Felonious Assaults on America’s Law Enforcement Officers" is available from the UCR Program Office, FBI Complex, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, WV 26306-0150 or by calling 888-827-6427.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Gregor said:
Forgive Sacduc, he's from Kalifornia, where they hate guns, distort reality, and attempt to limit your freedom.
Except for lane splitting, what the fuck is with that?!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gregor said:
Forgive Sacduc, he's from Kalifornia, where they hate guns, distort reality, and attempt to limit your freedom.

I don't hate guns. And I don't want to restrict your rights to own them. I'm actually considering taking up hand gun shooting as a hobby when I get my finances straightened out. The wife has done a bit of it and really enjoyed it

WHAT I FUCKING HATE IS WHEN PEOPLE READ THE FLIMSIEST FUCKING ARGUMENTS IN THE WORLD AND CAN'T RUB TWO BRAIN CELLS TOGETHER LONG ENOUGH TO DETERMINE THAT WHAT THEY JUST READ IS MINDLESS RHETORIC JUST BECAUSE THEY HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH THE PREMISE.

that is all.

sac

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
SacDuc said:
I don't hate guns. And I don't want to restrict your rights to own them. I'm actually considering taking up hand gun shooting as a hobby when I get my finances straightened out. The wife has done a bit of it and really enjoyed it

WHAT I FUCKING HATE IS WHEN PEOPLE READ THE FLIMSIEST FUCKING ARGUMENTS IN THE WORLD AND CAN'T RUB TWO BRAIN CELLS TOGETHER LONG ENOUGH TO DETERMINE THAT WHAT THEY JUST READ IS MINDLESS RHETORIC JUST BECAUSE THEY HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH THE PREMISE.

that is all.

sac
Bullshit. The State you live in is anti-gun, dude, not you.

It's part of an FBI study, you fuckbag; so, I'd say it has some credibility. Besides, the portion he quoted is pretty much common knowledge: criminals, by their nature, IGNORE THE LAW! How fucking stupid do you have to be to understand this? The only people you affect with restrictive gun laws are law-abiding people.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Shit like this kills me:

none of the attackers interviewed was "hindered by any law, federal, state or local, that has ever been established to prevent gun ownership. They just laughed at gun laws."

What this basically says is, "Criminals disregard the law." Really? No shit? Stunning. That's good detective work there, Lou. HOWEVER, what it implies is "therefore, there should be no restriction." Which is where all the fucking gun nuts go, "YeeHAAAAAW!" just because they agree with the subtext of the rhetoric. Its fucking pathetic that we as a nation can't call bullshitters what they are even though we agree with them. Instead we just find the glass bullshit that those who to share our beliefs give us, gulp it down and ask for more.

This is why there is no news in the news any more, just opinion and spin.

sac

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gregor said:
Bullshit. The State you live in is anti-gun, dude, not you.

It's part of an FBI study, you fuckbag; so, I'd say it has some credibility. Besides, the portion he quoted is pretty much common knowledge: criminals, by their nature, IGNORE THE LAW! How fucking stupid do you have to be to understand this? The only people you affect with restrictive gun laws are law-abiding people.

I'd love to read the actual FBI study. This douchebag's synopsis is really fucking horrid though.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
SacDuc said:
Shit like this kills me:

none of the attackers interviewed was "hindered by any law, federal, state or local, that has ever been established to prevent gun ownership. They just laughed at gun laws."

What this basically says is, "Criminals disregard the law." Really? No shit? Stunning. That's good detective work there, Lou. HOWEVER, what it implies is "therefore, there should be no restriction." Which is where all the fucking gun nuts go, "YeeHAAAAAW!" just because they agree with the subtext of the rhetoric. Its fucking pathetic that we as a nation can't call bullshitters what they are even though we agree with them. Instead we just find the glass bullshit that those who to share our beliefs give us, gulp it down and ask for more.

This is why there is no news in the news any more, just opinion and spin.

sac
Sac -

You are right to say that this seems obvious. However, what you may not grasp is that the main argument put forth by anti-gun lobbyists and legislators (like those in your state) DIRECTLY RELATES the need for more guns laws to keeping them out of the hands of criminals. This is what makes the above statement so poignant; it shoots down, almost verbatim, the anti-gunner's argument.

Nowhere does this support "no restriction." You say you want to "take up handgun shooting as a hobby." Do yourself a favor: Join the NRA. They are the sole entity standing on the wall, defending our rights to keep and bear arms. Something that is directly related to your hobby.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.