Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My buddy has an '01 Katana 750. He swears up and down that he saw a Kat for sale on the interweb that had a gixxer swingarm on it allowing it to house a much wider rear wheel. Anybody know if this is possible? I mean, I know anything is possible, but is it a direct bolt on or do you have to modify a bunch of shit? Thanks in advance. I hope somebody knows. Oh, by the way, here is a pic of his bike. I think it's pretty bad ass for a Katana. A wider wheel would definately benefit the looks of the bike, I don't know about the handling though. Anywho, thanks. :cheers

Attachments

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Sweet bike! Has been explained to me by a buddy that seems to know his shit about bikes that the Katana is a watered down version of the GSX-R. Not sure how true that is. The Yosh pipe that is on my Katana was from a 2001 GSX-R 750 and it seemed to hook right up with little or no problem. May call your local Zuke shop and check.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The answer would be no UNLESS you are willing to cut off the lower subframe rails, weld new ones back in slightly higher and fabricate some way to use rearsets from another bike.

The main problem is, even if you use an older gsxr 750 arm with the narrower pivot tube the arm widens out to quickly and will make contact on the left footpeg bracket and subframe rail. If you cut off the rail and move both of them upward a 09-95ish 750 arm will slide in between the rails but you'll need new stainless stel bushings made to fit the smaller katana pivot bolt as well as a couple spacers. You also have to likely fabricate a set of one off dogbones to make it all work together.

Newer 750 arms will have both problems of hitting the subframe rails and the pivot tube will be too wide.

for more information regarding the katana please visit http://www.katriders.com you'll find all the answers to questions your looking for. my screenname there is taz look me up if you need anything.

BTW love the solo cowl :D the guy that makes those is one of the owners of http://www.katriders.com

·
Registered
181 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Sweet bike! Has been explained to me by a buddy that seems to know his shit about bikes that the Katana is a watered down version of the GSX-R. Not sure how true that is. The Yosh pipe that is on my Katana was from a 2001 GSX-R 750 and it seemed to hook right up with little or no problem. May call your local Zuke shop and check.
this is true, the katana houses the same engine as the older air cooled gsx-r's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts