Sport Bikes banner

Should insurance companies offer itemized coverage?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

Insurance

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  johnny_boy02 
Well some insurances policies state that if you are performing dangerous acts or engauge in high speeds they will deny coverage. But I think your question was asked in a way... Should insurance companies be able to set prices based on whatever you are wearing and that they deem safe and appropriate? Like if I was just wearing a helmet and crashed, they would not give me full value? opposed to me wearing a a helmet and jacket, they would give me 50%? Or if I was wearing a full race suit, gloves, boots, helmet, jacket, etc I would get my full policy?

I think it depends. I think it would promote more riders with gear, but It may also appeal to riders who do not because it is another area they can go cheaper on and save money, with no intention to wear gear... only intention is to save money right now. I think insurance companies should have the right to offer any kind of coverage they really want, with a few exceptions.

If I could save 50% on my insurance per year if they stated I had to be wearing a helmet I would take the offer. If it was helmet and jacket, id take the offer. But gloves boots, and pants I may be a little skeptical. I ride in jeans most of the time so I probably wouldnt take that deal. But I always wear boots and gloves when I ride, yet the thought of me accidentally losing one of my gloves or someone swiping my boots may make me a little uneasy knowing that if it happened I wouldnt have full coverage.

If this is more towards health insurance, I wouldnt even tell them I ride a motorcycle unless they specifically state that if I do not it will compromise my insurance if I am ever in a motorcycle related incident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.