Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick q.
The guy at the insurance sent someone to check my bike at the shop they say they have my estimate but that they have got to wait because they didnt get a hold of their client (the guy that hit me) and they want a statement from him before closing everything.

now it's been over a week now and they stillc ant get a hold of him???

Cna I just tell em to fuck off and give me my money? aftr all they have the police report and the guy got a citation... or do I have to wait... :(

ideas anyone?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I think your at the mercy of the insurance company at this time.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Or just tell them you are going to get a lawyer today and it will cost them more in the end...

·
Registered
924 Posts
thats what I say

is this a big ins company?
the dude who hit me had allstate

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Ask them if they would like to start paying for a rental car because now you will have to get one since that is your only transportation now (even though it might not be).

·
Registered
924 Posts
And what about how your back has suddenly started to hurt...........

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
Tell then that you did not want to pursue having to hire a lawyer, since you were dealing with them in (here comes the get'em phrase) GOOD FAITH. It may now seem that they aren't interested in this option and that you will need to pursue this agressively. I would throw in the car rental issue sinceyou don't have transportation.

Work them hard!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well technically I do have transportation...
putting miles on my BMW 5er... which I HATE to do.... and gas costing me much more since using the car...

I just left the guy a message to call me back.

UGH these people...

I guess Ill follow the agressive idea.

·
Registered
924 Posts
whats the name of the ins

if you feel more comfortable PM it

·
Registered
924 Posts
hmm I think I have heard of them.
good thing he/she HAD ins

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
cesspenar said:
well technically I do have transportation...
putting miles on my BMW 5er... which I HATE to do.... and gas costing me much more since using the car...

I just left the guy a message to call me back.

UGH these people...

I guess Ill follow the agressive idea.
They don't need to know that. What they should know is that you need your bike as transportation.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Onetrick said:
They don't need to know that. What they should know is that you need your bike as transportation.
+1

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I will see tomorrow I guess, havent heard from the claim adjuster, maybe it his day off or some... Ill call again tomorrow... ugh I feel lonely without that bike lol

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
cesspenar said:
yeah I will see tomorrow I guess, havent heard from the claim adjuster, maybe it his day off or some... Ill call again tomorrow... ugh I feel lonely without that bike lol
Why don't you just ignore the insurance company and file a civil suit for damages against the driver who hit you? He is responsible. If the insurance Co. wants to get involved to represent him, fine, but time is of the essence. Once you file against him, everyone will jump up and start paying attention...see an attorney

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The phone number from him on the police report is false... I called today and they told me its a wrong number...

Im trying to track him down, going to call an attorney later on today, this is just plain BULLSHIT...

Anyone knows where I can find someone by driver license number...?

·
Registered
924 Posts
accurent

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Accurent what Dread?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Cesspenar, what's the guys name, I'm going to see if I can find it