Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Topline fairing in yesterday (unpainted since they are unable to match the '05 Silver yet). Was wondering if anyone has any installation tips or pictures they could pass on. The pictures that came with the instructions are hard to see. Also any tips on installing the wire mesh would be helpful. I'd like to see some pictures of the mesh from the inside if anyone has some.

Can't wait to get them painted and mounted! :banana

·
Registered
702 Posts
segue00 said:
Ask FAZR6. I think he's got a thread about it, do a search on the MODS.

FazR6 told me the mesh is held on by an epoxy type glue inside the fairing, after I paint thats what Ill do is just epoxy them in place :popcorn

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I'll take some pics of all of the brackets and where they are installed when I get home. The timing works well because my fairings are off right now for the track. Also, just use some clear silicone to glue the mesh in....form it then put a bead around the edge and place the mesh where it goes. Then add a little weight to hold it down till the silicone dries.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help FAZR6. I'm taking them by the body shop tonight to get an estimate. Hopefully it won't cost too much but the unpainted fairings need a lot of prep work. Hope you don't mind but I'm going with a paint scheme similar to yours. Also, just installed your FE and I'm very happy with it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Who did you get the fairing from (unpainted)
I spoke to Erik at Tech-line (where I got my seat cowl from) and he said they don't supply the fairing unpainted...

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Hippie said:
Who did you get the fairing from (unpainted)
I spoke to Erik at Tech-line (where I got my seat cowl from) and he said they don't supply the fairing unpainted...
He has the top-line from bikedesign. Tech-line sells the TCP brand. I know it gets very confusing. Tech-line...topline....whatever...lol

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
oops.... my bad...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics. They should be a lot of help. Now if I could just find someone to paint the fairing. The guy I had lined up said he wouldn't do the black part he would only paint one color.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I did my black highlights myself using some 3M fine line tape and automotive grade spray paint. If you need closeups of the highlights let me know....it's real tricky to make it look right around those bolt areas.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you don't mind posting some closeups that'd be great. I may end up having to do them myself but if at all possible I'd like it to be done when I get the whole thing painted. Also, since you have your fairings off right now would you mind posting a picture of the back side of the wire mesh? Just curious to see exactly how it's attached.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FAZR6, any update on those pics? Not trying to bug ya I was just curious.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Do those screens come with the lowers or did you add them afterwards?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Hippie said:
Do those screens come with the lowers or did you add them afterwards?
When you buy the lowers painted, the screens come installed. If you buy them unpainted, they come loose and you have to glue them in after you paint.

·
Registered
702 Posts
FAZR6 said:
When you buy the lowers painted, the screens come installed. If you buy them unpainted, they come loose and you have to glue them in after you paint.

Faz those are some nice lines, what kind of tape did you use to mark it off? Ive used the blue wall tape but it left marks in the paint so I need to find a better tape for auto and bike :beer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts