Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just bought a used 2000 CBR F4 few days ago. (awesome bike!!) today i went to the DMV and registered and got plates for it in NY.

anyhow DMV told me i have 10 days to get it inspected. i said that the previous owner had it inspected not too long ago (bs just said that). cuz i don't want to spend time and money to get it inspected. and the lady said it's my decision and the insurance wont be affected. (the bike has rebuilt title and it's got bit of road rash and the rear signals on the integrated lights don't work. previous owner didn't know how to wire them) i plan to fix that soon.

so it seems that i don't really need to bother getting the bike inspected since there's no sticker to put on the plate. but i'm worried if it might screw me over somehow.

i'd appreciate if somebody can clear me up on this legal jargon.

thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Inspection sticker goes on the front forks, not the plate. That's your registration sticker.

You have 10 days to get ANY newly acquired vehicle inspected unless its less than 2 years old.

With that being said, it's likely you will fail the inspection since it is just a safety inspection (tail lights).

Up ot you if you want to get it done, but if you get pulled over, you may or may not be ticketed or even towed if you are riding within the 5 boros.

·
Registered
747 Posts
oh, and pics or ban. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. well i'll start by fixing the signals and then i'll inquire about an inspection at the local shop.

but on the second post, ????

·
Registered
747 Posts
thanks for the info. well i'll start by fixing the signals and then i'll inquire about an inspection at the local shop.

but on the second post, ????
We want pictures of your bike! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts