Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have about 500miles on my fz6. The dealership told me to call and schedule an appointment around 650 and knowing that they are 3 weeks out. Then they said it must be done before the first 1000 miles. My though is to change the oil myself at 600 or so (get shavings out) and then schedule the valve adjustments etc. (which would be 3 weeks after ...nother few hundred miles) Any thoughts .....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
I did my 600 service early...at like 550. Just cause I was going to do alot of riding before I could get the bike in. For the 600 service, they only really change the oil and check for loose shit. Just make sure everything is holding up till this point. They adjusted my clutch cable....could have done that myself....thats about it for service outside of oil change. Valves don't need to be adjusted till 16k miles. Not a big deal if you wait a few weeks but you may want to bring it in asap to make sure they don't try to screw you on the warranty (if you had problems in the future).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zeuSeason.... I'm kind of in the same position. Doing a 800 mile ride to south carolina in a few weeks and will hit 600+ goin down. So sounds like i'll be ok if i just change oil myself then take it in after i get back! Good stuff...will feel a little better bout not hurting the motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
6er said:
Thanks zeuSeason.... I'm kind of in the same position. Doing a 800 mile ride to south carolina in a few weeks and will hit 600+ goin down. So sounds like i'll be ok if i just change oil myself then take it in after i get back! Good stuff...will feel a little better bout not hurting the motor
Where to in SC?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goin to Myrtly Beach! Never been that ...any good place to ride .... anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
6er said:
goin to Myrtly Beach! Never been that ...any good place to ride .... anyone?
Ah Myrtle Beach. I was born there and had my first broken nose there. Its a fun place. I am only about an hour and a half away. Let me know the date and if I have that weekend off I may make the trip and meet up w/ you. MiddleURB lives here also and he will most likely be up for the ride too along with some other guys. Just PM me if your interested.
I guess Ill stop the thread jacking now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
I did my 600 service early...at like 550. Just cause I was going to do alot of riding before I could get the bike in. For the 600 service, they only really change the oil and check for loose shit. Just make sure everything is holding up till this point. They adjusted my clutch cable....could have done that myself....thats about it for service outside of oil change. Valves don't need to be adjusted till 16k miles. Not a big deal if you wait a few weeks but you may want to bring it in asap to make sure they don't try to screw you on the warranty (if you had problems in the future).

The valve adjustment interval is 26,600 miles or 42,000 km, which ever occurs first. :D, not 16,000 miles.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top