Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went and saw the Indian Scout last Tuesday. Not impressed, dealer would not let us test ride one, so BIG BUMMER there. The bike seemed to weight less than expected, of course without a feel for the road by riding one one can't tell much about how it would handle or accelerate. So for now the Scout gets a "NAH" from my wife, me I don't care I would never buy one myself.
Disappointment Indian.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
What didn't you like about it exactly? I thought it looked pretty cool for a cruiser.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
What didn't you like about it exactly? I thought it looked pretty cool for a cruiser.
Yeah I don’t get the complaint other than there was no bike for him to demo. I personally think the scout looks great and HD better be concerned about losing sportster 1200 sales.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well lets see, seat height was way to low for me, posture when seated was cramped and the bike felt thin. Forward foot rest I don't like the pegs would prefer boards (yes you can buy them but not stock), suspension was short on travel and mushy (bounced up and down on them to see what it felt like), so that is from just sitting on them on the showroom floor, like I said a demo ride would have been nice but not needed for me, when my wife and I go look at bikes we take turns holding the bike upright by putting the front forks between our legs and holding onto the handlebar to steady for the other person so they can put both feet on pegs/boards and that way you are able to get a feel for riding position while not actually riding. Try it sometime or next time you go for a look see and can't demo ride a bike, ask the sales people they will usually do it for you.
So is that what you wanted, something definitive that you can pick at? Remember I am not enamored by the bike so I am a tough sale.
I don't see y'all's complete assessment either, seems all either of you spoke about was "looks".

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
So you didn't like it because it was a cruiser. Gotcha. Only the fastest coolest not - girl - bikes [cough fz6r cough] for you

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
There is no way I would ever buy a bike I didn't ride first.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I'm on the same page here. Once I make it clear to the sales guy that I intend on purchasing the bike, but I'm not going to do it without riding it first, they find a way to let me ride it.

Reactions: FZ6R-rider

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
When I was in the market for a B-King, I went to the local Suzuki dealer cash in hand, and they wouldn't even start one for me! Found a place up in Gaylord that would let me ride one. Bought it, the following week I went back to that Suzuki dealer and showed them my new bike. Ya lost a ten grand sale that day, buddy. Ahha.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I thought it looked great,I love the styling and the engine but a little small for what I like so that is why I went with a Harley Breakout CVO. That was a solid contender for me though

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm on the same page here. Once I make it clear to the sales guy that I intend on purchasing the bike, but I'm not going to do it without riding it first, they find a way to let me ride it.
When I was in the market for a B-King, I went to the local Suzuki dealer cash in hand, and they wouldn't even start one for me! Found a place up in Gaylord that would let me ride one. Bought it, the following week I went back to that Suzuki dealer and showed them my new bike. Ya lost a ten grand sale that day, buddy. Ahha.
Yep, exactly what my wife said -- no ride, no buy. Think she is going for another V-Star anyways, she seems to like the Star motorcycles.

AHAMAY dealer did the same with me, did the same as you, lasermax.

No test ride, no pocket lint.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
My fiance rode the Star Bolt and really liked it. Hopefully we'll have the money for one next year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts