Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as many of you know, 4 of your very own were at the track this past weekend: Me, Todd (Murf99), Andy (Rogue6), and Linda (vaulter721). A big thanks to everyone who showed up to watch on Sunday. Im sorry that you did not get to see much riding, but we were all concerned about Linda, and how to get her stuff back to civilization.

I think all of us were running our fastest times, with the exception of Todd, but he just installed a new rear tire, so he has an excuse. I was turning a few 1:25's, but I was below 1:30 most of teh time, which is good for a bump into Intermediate, but I was too slow to get my gear on and couldnt get in the front of the line.

Andy, got the bump to the Advanced group on only his 5th (or was it your 6th) track day. He was railing around the track pulling very low 1:20's, with pretty consistant 1:20, and even a 1:19!!! Holy crap is that fast.

Linda, as we know, had a bit of a get off due to dehydration and more than likely passing out coming into turn 1. Let me just say, I am very glad you are okay, and I am even more glad that you finished your braking before passing out. Because otherwise you would have been going 100+ mph straight into Wisconsin. Well, she was running a good pace that day and I heard that the lap before she crashed she pulled off a 1:30 out there. Nice going Linda.

As for Todd, well, as I said, he had legit excuses. Even with his new rear tire, I think he managed low 1:20's on its first session. Bastard! J/K.

So anyways, this post really is worthless without pics right? Well, you can view them all right here:

Andy: http://www.sliderphoto.com/bin/photos.asp?Racer=457&Event=062505

Me: http://www.sliderphoto.com/bin/photos.asp?Racer=611&Event=062505

Linda: http://www.sliderphoto.com/bin/photos.asp?Racer=721&Event=062505

Todd (in the black leathers): http://www.sliderphoto.com/bin/photos.asp?Racer=911&Event=062505

Hope you guys enjoy the pics, and I hope to see you guys also get out there. Its a lot of fun, and way safer than trying to ride like this on the street. The people rock, the organization (NESBA) rocks, and everyone is there just to have fun.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Great weekend for BH. I was accually in Galena over the weekend. So I was right around the corner. I should have stopped by but had a few other riders with me that wanted to just hit Stage Coach all day. Boy there was a lot of bikes on the way home being trailered though.

Good pictures from Jack as usual. Glad no major accidents. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
878 Posts
looking good.

I'm still impressed with you railing around out there Tom! Is this your 2nd trackday?

Rouge6 -- Could you please put your knee on the ground some more you poser :eek:nfloor Geeze, go build a trailer in your basement again or something :lao

I think I'm going to do a Private Track Time event out there at the end of July.

I hope I can at least get into the 1:50's :)

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
It was a fun day and I am looking forward to getting back. I'd like to be able to run more consistant teens. As for the pictures, I'm never too happy with them. It's great that someone is there doing that, but I always think that I should be looking way faster in them! Oh well, just more things to work on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rogue6 said:
It was a fun day and I am looking forward to getting back. I'd like to be able to run more consistant teens. As for the pictures, I'm never too happy with them. It's great that someone is there doing that, but I always think that I should be looking way faster in them! Oh well, just more things to work on.
Next time power slide it in turn one and get some smoke off the tire. That might make you a bit happier. hehehe I always loved turn one there. Course its probebly the only turn I dared try to press the limits for some reason.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Fred said:
Glad no major accidents.
Umm... not to be a pain in the arse - but Lynda (Vaulter721) was flight-for-lifed out after a Turn 1 shunt.

Check thread "T1 @ BHF Surviver"

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Looking great guys and gal!!!!
Way to go!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
FZ1 Matt said:
I think I'm going to do a Private Track Time event out there at the end of July.

I hope I can at least get into the 1:50's :)
Hey Matt. Great to hear your finally going to try out the track. If I'm not riding that day, I think I am going to make a special trip down there just to see you ride! I think you're going to love it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Hey Matt. Great to hear your finally going to try out the track. If I'm not riding that day, I think I am going to make a special trip down there just to see you ride! I think you're going to love it.
I was going to do one July 18th at Grattan (in Michigan) with my friends from www.aroundthelakes.net but I'll be gone for work then.

My friend Scott is helping as a teacher with PTT so he keeps telling me to go. Everyone keeps telling me to go. Everyone keeps offering me things to help me on my way too. Everyone is so nice.

I really want to do this because the more I ride, the more I understand how much I actually don't know about riding.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Ah... learned the curse of riding with more skill you have. Go to the track you should, and faster you will become.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Murf99 said:
Umm... not to be a pain in the arse - but Lynda (Vaulter721) was flight-for-lifed out after a Turn 1 shunt.

Check thread "T1 @ BHF Surviver"
I took it as it wasnt bad when i read this
Linda, as we know, had a bit of a get off due to dehydration
When I ment major accident i mean air lifted from the field or broken body parts. Ill go read the other thread now.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Faster isnt better.. Smooth and consistant is :). I just like being at the track and not looking behind my shoulders for cherry tops

·
Registered
878 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Ah... learned the curse of riding with more skill you have. Go to the track you should, and faster you will become.
I don't need to get faster. My focus is smoothness in all riding aspects. I'll probabally get faster though too :lol

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OldMil said:
Next time power slide it in turn one and get some smoke off the tire. That might make you a bit happier. hehehe I always loved turn one there. Course its probebly the only turn I dared try to press the limits for some reason.
Saturday afternoon, I lit up the rear coming out of turn one. Somehow it caught and almost threw me over the bars. I saved the highside, but slowed my pace for the rest of the session, which was just that last lap.

Upon inspection of my underpants, they were still clean.

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FZ1 Matt said:
I'm still impressed with you railing around out there Tom! Is this your 2nd trackday?
Yeah, this weekend was my second and third day. Though I was running faster on Saturday than on Sunday. That new bike is fast though. It really makes wonder how people can ride litre bikes out there.

Definately take that SV out there. It should be great, and I have no doubt that you will run faster than 1:50's. I can see you getting mid to low 1:30 by the end of the day.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Your bike back together yet???

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last I heard it wasnt running because of some clutch issue, but its all in one piece again, so thats good.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Your bike back together yet???
All is well and Ben is road worthy!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts