Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I figured I'd ask the masses. I've had my Joe Rocket GPX 2.0 gloves for about a year and a half. The palms have worn thin :banana and the stitching in left glove around the thumb and palm has torn out and the glove is pretty much toast. Kinda disappointed they didn't last longer they're not cheap gloves. Anyway I've been looking all the joe rocket gloves have the same stitching pattern and it just seems to be a bad design imo. The palm area that wears thin and rips is only 1 layer of thin goat leather. So while I liked the gloves and they where comfortable and seemed to offer good protection, $100 for 1½ years isn't cost effective. I'm only interested in long/gauntlet style gloves.

I've been looking at AGV Sport Force Leather Gloves

And the Teknic Chicane

I also really like Teknic Lightnin Gloves
But they're not listed on kneedraggers.. and I have puckbucks to use.

Thoughts or advice appreciated.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
You can get some nice gloves cheap at closeout prices. Don't spend more than $60 on them. I am very happy with my NFORZA gloves - at par with other brands out there, I've both perforated and winter gloves. They are freaking great!

·
Luck Bucket
440 Posts
I am currently wearing Teknic Speedstar gloves. They are full gauntlet and have by far the most secure closure system out of any glove I own -- which is/has been eight pair. The Speedstar offers a TON of protection and has a lot of features. It is almost too much glove. Here's Web Bike World's review. I got them from NewEnough on closeout for about $100.

The Held Ninja was my glove of choice for about three years. However, it doesn't hold up well to daily use (I had my initial pair replaced under warranty for defects). My replacement pair developed a hole near the wrist seams.

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
So I figured I'd ask the masses.
I'm partial to Alpinestars stuff, it's not cheap but I haven't had one problem with anything alpinestars that I've owned.

That said, I've got a brand new pair of A* "Stormrider" goretex gloves. I paid over $200 for them... these threee places list $179 each. I'd sell them for $125 brand new in the package (I took them out and tried them on, and sold my bikes before I got a chance to use them)...

Alpinestars Storm Rider Gore-Tex Gloves - Motorcycle Superstore

Alpinestars Storm Rider Gore-Tex Gloves - KneeDraggers.com

Alpinestars Storm Rider Gore-Tex Gloves :: Gloves :: Solo Moto Parts

·
Constitution: RIP
588 Posts
I'm partial to Alpinestars stuff, it's not cheap but I haven't had one problem with anything alpinestars that I've owned.

That said, I've got a brand new pair of A* "Stormrider" goretex gloves. I paid over $200 for them... these threee places list $179 each. I'd sell them for $125 brand new in the package (I took them out and tried them on, and sold my bikes before I got a chance to use them)...
If they're size large I'll give you $125 shipped to 02445. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts