Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Already create an account to debate politics and religion eh?

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
I'm not into religion, actually agnostic leaning strongly towards atheist. The only reason it shouldn't be removed is for historical significance. It's there and what out country was founded on...religious freedom. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, as long as it spends. I don't feel it infringes on my religion, or lack there of.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Travis71902 said:
Already create an account to debate politics and religion eh?

What are you talking about? He made the account back in May.

No I don't think it should be taken out. Anyone who spends their time worrying about the small shit like this has other issues they need to deal with.

·
Registered
583 Posts
HUTSCBR said:
The only reason it shouldn't be removed is for historical significance. It's there and what out country was founded on...religious freedom. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, as long as it spends. I don't feel it infringes on my religion, or lack there of.
I agree 110%

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think both sides have a good point... the people who want it taken out because they are offended by the words on our money and the people who think it should stay. Honestly if your offended by it... go live the [email protected]#k somewhere else! It's been on our money for how long now? Why should we take it off now? Why this year? What makes this time so special? It was a part of our history and it's what our country was founded on. There im done now... =D

Jeremy***

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
tdrguitarist said:
It's been on our money for how long now? Why should we take it off now? Why this year? What makes this time so special? It was a part of our history and it's what our country was founded on.
I don't really care much about this issue, but perhaps you should do a little research and answer your first question. The slogan hasn't been around as long as you may think.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Over 200 years later atheists (Only to those that are disconcerted) now feel they’re being infringed upon on their “right” and forced to bear the word God “In God We Trust” and finally come to realization and concluded that it should now be removed from every U.S. currency. :rolleyes

No, we don’t want to force anything on anybody because then it’s not civilized and that’s not what America is about. As someone already pointed out this country was founded on the principles of liberty and religion. Somewhere along the way (more recently) people took everything for granted and turned fat and dumb. You have too much freedom I say, and turned politically correct on just about everything this country stands for, literally.

Yes, I’m sure we should slowly erode away at every religious representation as well as aphorism and put it away out of sight and out of mind for those don’t believe or someone will scream Violation! You have rights as well as people who believe in “God” has rights. Not withstanding those sidewalk preachers who yells "...Or you'll burn in hell!" I assure you, you can still live prosperously with that very same currency which you think it’ll burn a hole on your rights violation.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I'm an atheist. I'd rather not have to hear about God all the time, but it happens. I deal with it. To me, god isn't a part of America. Yeah, the US was founded on religious freedom, but not christian or catholic idols specifically.

Why try and make it work for everyone when you can just take it off? I don't think jesus christ or muhammad ali or whoever you believe in is going to give two shits whether you print his name on your money or not. Besides, America isn't the land of the faeries, it's a real place, not somewhere you go afterwords. Why not keep things in the here and now?

Personally, I don't give a shit. It doesn't bother me. It's funny how people get so worked up about how we should keep things the way they are because they've been that way for indeterminate amounts of time.

Anybody heard the story about the turkey on thanksgiving? I think it was actually posted on here a while ago, about the mom that cut the end off the turkey because her mother did it and her mothers mother. Good story, shows you that you can do things blindly without questioning and never even know it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
i'd like to consider myself on the side of agnosticism, but hey, if you wanna put "in god we trust" on the money... go freakin' nuts. people are gonna have a difference of opinions no matter what, so whats the point in trying to please everyone? so long as i'm not being preached to, who really cares? people just need to learn to deal with it, instead they have to bitch about everything...

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Rascus said:
What are you talking about? He made the account back in May.

No I don't think it should be taken out. Anyone who spends their time worrying about the small shit like this has other issues they need to deal with.

Yeah with 3 posts since May, all of them today, and all of them in Politics religion. Ur not that naive are u?

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Travis71902 said:
Yeah with 3 posts since May, all of them today, and all of them in Politics religion. Ur not that naive are u?

He was around for the last time the politics forum was up, so if he was going to make a statement he would have made it then. Of course there are probably a thousand or so people who have been registered on this stie for quite sometime with no post whatsoever. Maybe after he registered he didn't log back on until today? Who know.s

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
In ten years money will say "In a higher power we trust"

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
gixxer27519 said:
In ten years money will say "In a higher power we trust"
That's the same as saying "In God We Trust". What about the ppl that believe you are born, you live, you die, that's it, there is no higher power? I don't care what it says, it all spends the same. Like what was said before. "this isn't the land of farries"...I say "show me the MONEY"

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
My personal thoughts....leave it on. People are so scared someone else will be offended but what they are really saying is that they are offended which is fine but damn people....................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts