Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I open my browser to the home page, The New York Times, and I see articles or opinion pieces on Trump's attempts to stop the Russia investigation; Trump's endorsement of Roy Moore; the old news that both the House and the Senate passed the tax bill with its undercutting of the ACA; the imminent shutdown of the government; the drastic reduction of protected lands; the Supreme Court's stamp of approval on the Muslim ban. My memory runs thin.

I see now the much dreaded specter of the "normalizing" of what is happening to our country. It is not possible for the human psyche to register alarm at each and every one of these violations; it is literally impossible to sustain that level of intense emotion for any length of time. And so the attention wanders to calmer waters--the grocery list; the laundry; grandchildren; a movie at the local cinema. Life picks up and we move on. And they win because it is our outrage, our horror, our indignation and, most of all, our passion, that would have defeated them in the end. The speed with which each new outrage follows close on the heels of the one before has been increasing almost daily.

Today I do not see one corner of our lives that has not been violated, not one outpost of civilization that is not in the hands of the enemy. And the Clown Car rides through our newsfeed daily numbing us to the end of the world.
-Written by a NYT reader in comment.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Yea, I never thought he could constantly stay in the news, but it's a series of events meticulously crafted to keep Trump in the news every damn day.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I never thought he could constantly stay in the news, but it's a series of events meticulously crafted to keep Trump in the news every damn day.
I just don't think constant negative news is going to help that DB out. He has the lowest rating of any president ever after a year in office. 32 favorable. It even dropped 7 points after the Donor Tax Relief Act was passed in the Senate.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
It may be that the average Americans are waking up to the knife that's about to be stuck into them. The tax bill polls badly, but then, that assumes anybody knows what's in it.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,590 Posts
I got a great bit of news this weekend. my aunt and uncle who are staunch trump supporters are bellyaching about their tax rate going up. :x
last christmas he thought he was so cool with his stories about how everything will be so much better. and thought it was hilarious to call libs snowflakes.
I never said a word. I didn't have to.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a great bit of news this weekend. my aunt and uncle who are staunch trump supporters are bellyaching about their tax rate going up. :x
last christmas he thought he was so cool with his stories about how everything will be so much better. and thought it was hilarious to call libs snowflakes.
I never said a word. I didn't have to.
It's pure ignorance. People like that just don't think things through. Look at what's going on in Alabama now. They're getting ready to elect a friggin' pedophile who was thrown off the bench TWICE to the Senate. A clown like Moore wouldn't stand a chance in a state with better educated people. But voters there are intent of telling the nation they are as dumb as their image actually is around the rest of the country.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Moore is on record saying that slavery shouldn't have been abolished and that women shouldn't have the right to vote. And that Senators should be appointed. If Alabama elects that guy, they just prove that the rest of the nation should laugh at them for being stiff necked, ignorant idiots, just like Roy Moore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts