Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
i know i already posted in the open forums section, but i just wanted to let you know that you have to do what you feel is right. i couldn't bear the thought of owning another cat after i lost my first one. it took me 2 1/2 years before i thought about owning another, and then the opportunity to rescue a kitten fell in my lap. i know this sounds hokey, but in time it will get better. however long it takes. here is my new happiness:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
I know what you're talking about. When we took my pooch in, we found out she was diabetic and would need shots everyday. I couldn't do it and I don't know who could. Besides that, Brandy (she, my 'ol dogge) had a problem standing up as well. I think it was more on slippery pavement, but I don't quite remember. The problem was with the brain nerves in her back legs, and the signals not getting to her brain fast enough. She would try to stand, but she couldn't feel where her feet were, so they slipped out because she couldn't react to balance her hind legs. it was quite sad. It was a reason to let her go.

I remember the day before she was put down. When I found out, I called my friend and asked her if I could come over. I went and cried for awhile. She related to it, and I felt better. The next day was homecoming, my senior year of high school, I was on court. Perfect day to put your dog down. :(

I know what you're going through, it's not fun, but you have to make a tough decesion that is least painful for you and your pet which is part of the family.
Think about it for awhile. The decesion might not be an easy one, but it may be the best.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
sexyicecold said:
here is my new happiness:
Cute cat.

I know what ya mean about rescues.

We didn't directly rescue our new ones. We got them from a local rescue that had taken them from a pet shop where they were going to be destroyed because the pet shop had "too many black cats".

We saw them when the rescue displayed them in a local pet store. When my wife held them and they purred immediately, it was all over. ;)

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I don't mean to hijack Steph's threads of sadness on this...my point of view is I know what you're going through. It'll hurt for a while. Perhaps a long while. If and when you want another pet is something only you will know. You can find plenty of examples online on how people go through the "phases" of grieving for a lost companion.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats funny... umm actually i found that pet loss site that st wrote in the other thread and it helps a lot... i arranged to get her ashes back so itll help me with the grieveing process a lot.. that way i can still say hi to her when i want and i know shes close by like shes suppose to.. i just keep cryin myself to sleep knowing shes not here god bless her she was the best! =)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
couple days later and its been still really hard without her it will never be the same and the pain will never go away but shes smiling down on us and shes gonna look after my new doggie daisy sent her to fulfill our emptiness :) we just got her today... everyone.. meet jasmine

Attachments

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Jasmine is cute! Love the winking picture. Hope you're feeling a little better. Chin up. :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it helps ease the pain and it takes away the emptiness of not having a companion but she'll never replace daisy but im glad i got her and yep shes a chocolate lab adorable little thing! so cute! =)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey bri.. as much as i dont wanna say this i dont really like cats (to each its own of course) dont mind them but wouldnt have them as a pet.. so in that case it made me laugh =)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Steph, adorable chocolate puppy, wish my chocolate was that small still. Now he is just a 90 lb moose who eats everything in sight. She is beautiful though. Congrats on the new one, sorry about the old one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts