Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive become increasingly interesting in sportbikes over the past year or two and am getting to the point where im definately going to get a bike. anyways im a short guy bout 5'6ish barefoot and was wondering what a good sportbike for sumone my height would be. the bikes ive mostly been looking at are the f4i, gsxr600, and the zx-6r. it really doesnt matter to me what i get, but these are just the ones ive been looking at and like.

P.S. please dont give me a speech telling me how u dont recomend a 600cc sport bike for a newb like me there is a good chance i wont listen :)
but other than that any help will be apreciated.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You're 16, get a EX250 or EX500. If you don't care whether you live or die, then go ahead and get a 600SS bike. In your will, can you please give the bike to me? Don't forget to sign your organ donor card, also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I find that those bikes have tall seat heights, like most of the new sportbikes. I'm 5'7 and ride a GSXR 1000 but just the balls of my feet are on the ground. Some people have a longer inseam and a shorter torso, which might make the reach to the ground a bit easier. However, if you have a short inseam and a long torso it may a bit harder to reach the ground.

·
Registered
503 Posts
IllKneeGrow said:
He said he wont listen so I say used r6 seems to be a pretty good bike for some of the shorter folk.
He said he probably won't listen, I figured I'd try anyways :nerd

I guess theres no talking sense into a squid...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Stang Man said:
He said he probably won't listen, I figured I'd try anyways :nerd

I guess theres no talking sense into a squid...
what makes him a squid? anyway my friend just bought a 01 f4i last night. He is only 5'6'' and the ride height of the f4i is one of the main reasons he bought it. just go to the manufacturers web sites and find the seat height for each model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thnx for replying
and for your concern stang but i dont plan on being stupid with it, dont really care what people think about me so i've got no1 to impress, i just want to ride and want something i think i'll like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The f41 has the lowest seat next lowest is the r6 it won't really matter though your feet will only touch the ground once when you get on it. After you wreck it it may be a little closer to the ground. not to be a dick but close your ears all you want its your life just a little advice from a 25 thats right 25 year old that jumped on a r6 after riding dirt for 8 thats right 8 years everybodys different but your probably gonna be really different as in wheel chair or worse YOU'RE 16 while that has nothing to do with ability it has everything to do with being young and stupid as we all once were so now that I'm done typing something you won't listen to go check out what kind of insurance rates a 16 year old will get on a 600ss if you can afford it go get yourself a ducati 916 and rail it I hate trust fund babys. :spank

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
You should fit almost any bike I'm guessing, I have a gsxr750 and a rc51 and they are fine for me, and I'm a staggering 5'6.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
BUSA'S got a pretty low standover height..........

btw, good read

http://www.beginnerbikes.com/editorials/formequalsfunction.htm

i'm sure at 16, your a very focused and wise decsion making person, unlike the rest of us at older ages. and you must be wise for your years......... :nerd

it's not the bike, but the rider.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I don't like comparing street and dirt, but some people still do.

He is 16 and he is young, but we don't know how stupid and immature this kid actually is. I'm not saying he isn't immature because chances are he is, but that doesn't mean he is going to go out and go WOT into every turn, pop wheelies everywhere and do stoppies all the time. It is possible that you can have a 26 year old new rider that is going to be just as immature or even worse on a bike than some 16 year old may be.

If he wants to start on a 600 and hear nothing about starting smaller the best we can do is just advise him about how much easier things can go wrong on a b***** bike than on a smaller bike.

Just be careful on your bike whatever you choose and practice throttle control, don't show off for people, don't outride your own ability, learn at your own pace. You're 16 and have plenty of years to ride so take your time and learn right.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
:nerd
IllKneeGrow said:
I don't like comparing street and dirt, but some people still do.

He is 16 and he is young, but we don't know how stupid and immature this kid actually is. I'm not saying he isn't immature because chances are he is, but that doesn't mean he is going to go out and go WOT into every turn, pop wheelies everywhere and do stoppies all the time. It is possible that you can have a 26 year old new rider that is going to be just as immature or even worse on a bike than some 16 year old may be.

If he wants to start on a 600 and hear nothing about starting smaller the best we can do is just advise him about how much easier things can go wrong on a b***** bike than on a smaller bike.

Just be careful on your bike whatever you choose and practice throttle control, don't show off for people, don't outride your own ability, learn at your own pace. You're 16 and have plenty of years to ride so take your time and learn right.
odds are........... :nerd

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
why dont you have mommy drive you to the dealers and sit on the bikes and see what is best for you? once you find which one your friends think looks the coolest, have mommy buy it for you.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yeah the odds definitely are against him because of the amount of people out there that think "oh I can ride there is nothing to it, I'll be a natural at it".

I know he could probably benefit from starting much smaller especially at his age because people just don't thing rationally at the age of 16. But I just take into consideration that he doesn't want to hear anything less so all I can do is advise him of what can go wrong easily on the 600.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You have a really bad attitude. If you want to survive without getting hurt in this sport you better drop that ego of yours real quick. The simple fact is you have no experience and are a newbie and a 600SS is NOT for newbies. Since your skills are pretty much non-existent at this point, I would suggest a more forgiving bike like a EX500 or GS500. Ultimately, it's your life. Just remember that even the smallest mistake on two wheels can very easily cost you your life.

·
Registered
598 Posts
IllKneeGrow said:
He is 16 and he is young, but we don't know how stupid and immature this kid actually is.
The fact that he refuses to consider anything other than a 600SS proves a lot

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
snigg said:
why dont you have mommy drive you to the dealers and sit on the bikes and see what is best for you? once you find which one your friends think looks the coolest, have mommy buy it for you.

Buhahahhahahahha. Always telling it like you see it. We think it, Snigg says it. :flamed

Don't forget to stop at foot locker to pick up some flip flops and tank tops right Snigg?

·
Registered
173 Posts
i'm just wondering who the hell is going to insure you at 16 with a 600cc sportbike... if you can get insured by that company maybe i can get insurance from them for free... shouldn't you learn to drive a car first...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts