Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here it is. My cell phone is f-up the screen cuts out now and then. I have service from Alltel. So I'm thinking yea this is no big deal, I have the insurance and it covers everything. So I go in there today and wait 30min to see someone, still everything is cool--even though a guy is just sitting there doing nothing. So I have had this phone for two years and have been paying my $5 a month for insurance for these two years so I figure nothing to worry about. Boy was I wrong. I tell him that I have been having problems and he just looks at me stupid. I was like the screen comes in and out on it. He says well just take the battery in and out when it does that. I just stood there thinking, yea that is just what I want to have to do when i'm getting a call from someone and want to see who it is before I answer. So i'm like "I have insurance, doesn't this cover something like this" He goes on about repairing the thing and how it's going to cost X amount of dollars. Or a 50 dollar deductable to replace the phone. I was like hold up here. I didn't even pay 50 dollars for this phone when I bought it. I was like that is not how the insurance was told to me way back when I purchased this phone and insurance plan. I not once recieved any notice change in their insurance policy or I would have quit paying for it. Why would I have put insurance on it and paid $5 a month for two years, when I didn't even pay that much for the whole phone in the first place :bitchslap. I just left after that he said my mom is the one on the plan so she would have to do anything anyways. All I can say is he is going to wish he had just gave me that 99cent phone, my mom will tear him up. I am sure there are some others out there that can attest to this. Even I get scared sometimes :lol

Can someone tell me what this means? Any Law guys here.

We make no representations or warranties regarding the services or equipment you receive from us, and disclaim any warranties or representations, express or implied, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We are not responsible for circumstances beyond our control, including without limitation acts or omissions of others, atmospheric conditions, or acts of god. We do not promise uninterrupted or error free service. We do not manufacture any equipment or software that you may use in connection with your service, and your only warranties and representations with respect to equipment or software are those provided by the manufacturer (with respect to which we have no liability whatsoever).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O and feel free to move this thread. Didn't even think about it, just a habbit to post here, not really sportbike related.

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
I'm not sure what this has to do with motorcycles and I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I will tell you a fact that is 100% true:

It took me less time to walk off the street into a dealer and buy a brand new 2002 SE Busa (even partly financed) than it did to sign up and get my Sprint PCS phone. No joke.

Cell phones are out of control. Stupid contracts, dumb service plans, ugly kiddie-phones and the newest fads straight from Europe - annoying and fruity ringtones. STOP! Can't we just get a plain old non-obtrusive ringing noise instead of fifty-cent or ludacris? They act like you're joining a secret society when you get a cell phone and crap. Europeans are way out of control with polyphonic ringtones. I hoped the fad would spare the US but it looks like it won't...

I'm all about collect calls and payphones. The roads were safer then too. Kids these days don't know a world before cell phones. They could spell the doom of mankind - what if the terrorists strike the cell towers? Young people wouldn't be able to text each other or call their friends or even interrupt Star Wars with ghey ringtones.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I have alltel and my phone does the same thing. I am also paying insurance on it, about 5 a month same as you. Thanks for telling me what I can expect, now maybe I will just go in and tell them the phone got lost and hopefully they will provide a new one. That's how it was explained to me when I got the phone. Or maybe I will simply tell them to take the insurance off.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea bugeyed, I would check into it. I don't want you guys to get ripped off like I have. I wanted to warn you guys, and to to take another look at your insurance on these cell phones. Looks like it's like this :pisson just not worth it.

I'm still not giving up all hope yet though. I will try another store, maybe it was just the guy and he didn't really know or was new. If that fails then I might just write a letter to the headquaters about it. Won't do anything, but I will let them know.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Verizon is the same way. You pay $5 a month and if you lose it or break it it costs $50.00 to replace. It's better than buying a new phone though. Yes you might have paid $10 or something for the phone in the first place but try and buy it without signing up for a new plan. It's probably like $300 or something crazy. I know as soon as I stop the $5 insurance I'll fucking lose it so I just pay it for piece of mind.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yea the camera phones are that much, but this phone was 59.99 new with no plan way back when. It's not a color screen or anything. It's 3 years old and nothing fancy at all, and back then I was told it was replaced free of charge, now that they have these fancy phones, they want you to pay. But back then like bugeyed said it was told "replaced free of charge".

·
Registered
601 Posts
The 50 deductible works and is a good idea depending on how much your phone is RETAIL. I pay insurance and have had to had phones replaced before.

Cell Phones really are not as cheap as the promo rate is. A promo rate of 99.99 can have a retial of 299.99 if you need to upgrade or something. So you pay your $5 a month then drop the phone in water. You pay $50 and get another phone in the mail.
Now would you rather not have the insurance and just payy $300 for a new phone directly from the store?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
^A friend of mine dropped his in the toilit----you know how college parties get :cheers --someone knocked it in. But no, it didn't get wet. The only thing I can think of is I keep it in my side pocket (carpenter jeans) and I was working on my bike crotched over and it fell like 1ft maybe. The phone was replaced before with this exact problem. It was replaced under insurance once, that is why i just don't get it.

Now would you rather not have the insurance and just payy $300 for a new phone directly from the store?
If I had a 300 dollar phone this wouldn't be an issue. This phone's retail was 69.99 with no plan way back when. And like Bugeyed said that is how it was explained 3 years ago "replaced at no cost"

Your mom might need to pull the ol' make me happy or you lose my business card.
yea, that's probably how it will go down. Altell is getting to big anyway, they want to charge for everything whereas nextel throws in a lot or extras. So i'll probably just get Nextel.

Alltel :pisson

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Somewhat bike related:
I ran out of gas
I got a flat
I am going to jail...hehe.

A tip about cellies. If you use the "car charger" too much or all the time, it burns the phone out prematurely because it is suppose to "quick charge" and eventually burns the shit out cause of the constant "quick charging".
Its true its true, so says sprint.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
ever stop io read the "fine print" LOLOLO sorry but Im sure its all in there in B+W. Learn to read or prepare to bleed..... theres a sucker born every minute, and a big company isnt about to do anything illegal. You signed the contract on your own....

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
A tip about cellies. If you use the "car charger" too much or all the time, it burns the phone out prematurely because it is suppose to "quick charge" and eventually burns the shit out cause of the constant "quick charging".
Hmm that is interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I mostly use the wall charger, but that is good to know.

ever stop io read the "fine print" LOLOLO sorry but Im sure its all in there in B+W. Learn to read or prepare to bleed..... theres a sucker born every minute, and a big company isnt about to do anything illegal. You signed the contract on your own....
I didn't say it was illegal did I? There is a difference between a sucker and just misleading or not telling people. IMO that's not a sucker that is just really bad bussiness, but I guess I don't buy into this new bussiness thing--no one stands by anything. It's not good business to change it, which they did and not notify me. How hard is it to slip a letter in with my bill. Like bugeyed said also, It was told "replaced free of charge" I am sure it was a policy change somewhere in the last 3 years.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Throw your phone off a bridge or in the woods. Go to ALTELL and just say you lost it. Pay the $50 and get a new camera phone or something and that will be the end of it. Companies couldn't make the most money possible if they just gave you a new phone just because you had insurance. You will have to pay somethin.

·
Registered
773 Posts
my cell phone was in a motorcycle accident and lived to tell abou tit but im really close to getting a new one since i have had 5 other phones and messed or lost all them. i now have insurance and i know that i just go up there say its lost and insurance covers it. they like to be a bitchhhhhoths about fixing them.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
You said tit.... ;)

Tell them you lost it. Pay the 50, get a nice phone...wheres the issue?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts