Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am every new to Sport Bikes. I never had a motorcycle but I am about to buy one soon. What one do you think would be the best for a newbie. I am looking to buy new buy I don't need anything fast. Please don't post messages saying search and stuff like that because I know nothing about Bikes. Well I hope to have many great days here.
Thanx

·
Registered
2 Posts
get a honda nighthawk my father had a 82 he had since 82 i rode a few times and i wish he didnt sell it had saddle bags and everything it was a fun bike and i learnt alot on it and i had never ridden before eather they have a 250 version to

·
Registered
279 Posts
KingDiablo said:
get a honda nighthawk my father had a 82 he had since 82 i rode a few times and i wish he didnt sell it had saddle bags and everything it was a fun bike and i learnt alot on it and i had never ridden before eather they have a 250 version to
Im getting headaches from reading your posts....do you have ADHD? Or are you taking cocaine or anyother drug that you shouldn't be.....

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was in a similar situation as you, but the advice you're going to get from everyone here is to start small, and I couldn't agree with them more. Look at the following bikes:

1. Ninja 250R
2. Ninja 500R
3. Suzuki GS500F
4. Buell Blast (ok, but the other 3 are much better overall)

Then buy some good a$$ gear (minimum includes jacket, gloves, good helmet) and TAKE THE MSF. I'm taking the MSF course next weekend, and I just bought the Ninja 500R, GREAT bike, probably the best on the list thats above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
!!!Kennedy!!! said:
Im getting headaches from reading your posts....do you have ADHD? Or are you taking cocaine or anyother drug that you shouldn't be.....
+1, fuck dude... use some periods and try to form a sentence, fuck..!!!!

Yeah an old school bike is cool and you can alos pick up a great ninja 250 2000-2004 for about $5000? or probably less? Look around and remember, if you can't ride it atleast sit on it for awhile and get accustomed to the feel and riding position of the bike. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get a brand new 250 for less than $5g's heh. Look into a used Ninja 250 or 500, I picked up my '93 500 for $1500. Take the msf course: www.msf-usa.org (sorry to steal your line RacerX). Get good gear and enjoy the ride. Oh, and welcome to the site/sport/lifestyle.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I know you don't wanna hear this.... DO A SEARCH! The questions you've asked have been asked a million times.

Do a search and type in.. "BEST BIKES"

Be safe!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Best ever bike to learn to ride on for a newbie...the ones at the MSF course. Once you pass that(and get your license), buy GEAR. Then, get a bike similar in power/cc to the ones you learned on at the MSF course.......in other words, a 250cc/ or about 25hp.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Welcome :twofinger <----standard greeting

Ninja 500 or Suzuki 500...Both are great starter bikes and you'll be happy with either...And do everything else mentioned in the other posts :dblthumb

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
My girlfriend and I both started out on Ninja 250's and we both had a blast, wished we could have kept them when we moved up. Oh, and we both sold them for a good amount more than we paid for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts