Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came out to Colorado for a family emergency (thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought) and ended up going out to Estes Park. The place itself is kinda cool but the road to get there is AWESOME!! Everyone talks about how great Deals Gap is but my money is on Colorado. It was almost 20 miles of curvy mountain roads and very little traffic since it's the off-season! Plus, it was like 70 degrees so the weather was perfect. I really don't know why no one was there.

It was fun driving the cage so I can't imagine how great riding it would be. My wife and I are thinking about buying an SUV so we can trailer our bikes out here next fall to ride that very road.

Anyway, I just wanted to express my jealousy of you Coloradans (is that right?). Ride safe and have fun.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Did you take Hwy 36/66 through Lyons, or did you come up from the south on Hwy 7? They're both enjoyable routes. The whole area around the front range is great. That's why I usually make it out to Colorado at least once a year. It doesn't hurt that it's an easy days ride from central Neb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, No, No! The roads in Colorado are horrible! Snow, ice and way to many deer. Stay home! OK, just kidding, go ahead and come out once in a while but no extended stays. I think most of us out here would agree, this is a pretty nice place to live and ride. Worst part is the next 4-5 months. It can get cold and snowy once in a while. I did get out today though, but on the DRZ. Rode up to about 8500 feet and it was great, in the 60's, snow in a few spots but not on the road or trails I was on. Another perfect day in paradise.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We took 36/66 Lyons and Mattswgn is right, those roads were the worst! No one should go there. Matter of fact, let's just lock this thread and act like it never happened. I was drunk when I wrote it so no one should go to Colorado to ride. It's an awful place:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts