Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
oh shit man i'm sorry to hear that. were there any security cameras around the building or parking lot that could have caught something?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
fuck dude... that really sucks. Maybe buy Kazlab's ex500 to get you by for a bit?

What I can't believe, is out of all the pretty SS bikes out there, someone steals a $3000 bike? WTF?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
OH....and for a new bike, assuming you could actually find a co signer, check out state farm for insurance. As much as I HATE them, they've got THE best prices period.

Full coverage w/ $500 deductable is $285/6 months.

Don't give up on it just yet (i know, easy to say when i'm not you).

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Where did you park it? Check the vicinity to see if the buildings had video surveillance, a lot of places videotape their parking lots. Go to security and ask. If they have this on tape, maybe we can find these guys. That really sucks. I had someone try to rip off my bike last year, but I showed up before they could do it. Fuckers.

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
dude , go get full coverage on it , wait a week and report it stolen !!!!!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Damn Sam, sorry to hear this. That may be our ride today. There are not that many SV650's around here. Every one we see, we yank the rider off the bike and verify it's not yours. I'm for real, I think we can cover your little Chapel Hill area pretty easily.

·
Registered
262 Posts
jeez-us!! this fucking sucks man....i'm SOOOOOOO sorry this happened to you....you know, i just can't believe people....definitely check for any surveilance that could've caught something on tape.....someone's bike was just stolen out of our neighborhood too........this type of shit just makes me ill......if you don't find it i hope whoever is out enjoying crashes and spends the rest of their life in excruciating pain!! or paralyzed!! fucking cocksucking bastards!! :devil

·
Registered
355 Posts
that just goes to show nothins fuckin safe, if they want , they'll get it. sorry to hear about it bro.id do what scuffed knees said , get full coverage then wait a week and report it.i hope it works out for you. :mad:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Please post pics of the bike, I want to know what it looks like, I will keep and eye out for it. Unless it the thieves are going to part it out and sell it on ebay, bike rallies events are good places to go to see if some fucker is riding it there. If it is not going to be parted out, assume that it will be repainted a different color. Any distinguishing features of the bike?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Windshield is smashed, so don't look for a black shield.

Look for the hotbodies undertail if they haven't replaced that. Look for the LED signals, front and back. Look and listen for the Yosh pipe slip on. Look for some black scratches from my keys around the ignition metal area. Look for the slightly rashed grab-bar on the back. And of course it also has a plastic lid in replacement of the normal black passenger seat.

-Sam

·
Registered
791 Posts
so hold up you had an alarm inside your brake/wheel lock??? Damn man i know you must be furious to the point you want/wanted to cry or kill someone.

1. whats your license plate #
2. Constantly check ebay for parts &/or your whole bike, craigslist.org, cycletrader.com
3. WAs your yoshi exhaust scratched? U said u droppped the bike 3 times so it could be scratched and if anyone tries to sell that part on ebay you can catch em.
4. Definently check other businesses, not only around the area but a few blocks down in all directions, some may have hidden outside cameras. Just do it ASAP.
5. If you didnt already call the cops... i would have already, definently upgrade to full insurance and con the man. Insurance companies are thieves anyway.

Damn this is so shitty. Now i know ill have to get full coverage if i get a newer bike. Maybe carry a krypton chain everwhere i go as well. Which would suck. :pisson

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry about the bike. I have had 2 stolen, but I did get one back. Maybe it will show back up. My other one had 3 locks on it. I was told 2 guys picket it up and threw it into the back of a Surburban. Strong guys, the bike was 500lbs.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
samz3r said:

you deleted everything, judging by everyones post your bike was stolen. Whats the deal and what not? I am guessing I better get some locks on my bike really quick. I am also guessing the steering wheel lock really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
sukemecuke said:
you deleted everything, judging by everyones post your bike was stolen. Whats the deal and what not? I am guessing I better get some locks on my bike really quick. I am also guessing the steering wheel lock really doesn't matter.
He's upset and trying to be positive about it which is admirable. He probably just wants to forget about it, that's probably why he deleted his posts. If it makes him feel better I will keep a hawk eye out for his bike, I got the details of his bike memorized and I will check every SV to make sure it isnt his. And locks do a piss poor job of protecting bikes against determine thieves.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
bugeyed said:
He's upset and trying to be positive about it which is admirable. He probably just wants to forget about it, that's probably why he deleted his posts. If it makes him feel better I will keep a hawk eye out for his bike, I got the details of his bike memorized and I will check every SV to make sure it isnt his. And locks do a piss poor job of protecting bikes against determine thieves.

so whats a good way to protect against thieves?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
#1. Don't rely on security or video cameras or witnesses. They're fucking useless.

My plan, is to get a kryptonite chain, and to chain the frame, not the wheel, but the frame to a strong fixture. And having a scorpio pager alarm tuned with the right proximity, so that you'd be alerted if someone's hacking at the chain. Also to check the chain every time I get ready to ride, in case some fuckhead IS slowly cutting away at the chain while I'm away, weakening it so that when the time comes for them to make the cut and gank it, they can do it with minimal effort. This is assuming they don't have one of those uh, thingies that make kryptonite chains seem like butter. Also it's a must to have the scorpio alarm wired directly into the battery, as opposed to another electrical line. And I'll probably invest in a generic disc lock to throw on when I go to wal-mart or something, prevent kids from rolling it off.

Then again, if I'm being followed and cased, then it's only a matter of time before they find a vulnerable time and just steal it. That's why I'm getting comprehensive insurance this time around. Oh on the subject of another bike. I plan on waiting till January/February time period, saving up money and seeing where my finances are at that point. I can probably pick up a good used bike being dead smack of winter, and I'll just invest in the security before I even purchase the bike.

This is a lot of trouble to be honest, but it's the sacrifice if I wanna keep riding in college.

But if I could, I'd so get an apartment and park that shit right in the living room. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? :D

-Sam

1 - 20 of 36 Posts