Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: LINK TO THE PICTURES

http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280381

Thats right, I found one that I liked!!!

It is a red/silver 1991 Katana 750 (California version). The paint aint stock, that bike was red with white, but the new paint is the same scheme as the stock one, with different colors...

1991 Katana 750 with 12,000 miles!!!

Chain is OK, will need tires soon and the left fork is leaking.

All for...

$3050 USD!!!

(Yes, it sucks living in a 3rd world country where bikes are expensive)

I'm so excited, hope I can sleep! I'm picking and paying for it up before I go to work, guess it is going to be an EXTREMELY LOOONG DAY!

·
Registered
422 Posts
nice, i am sure you going to have alot of fun ridding and working on it, good luck and post pictures.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
hope to see some pics of the new bike

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congrats on the new bike :phatyo

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Congratulations. Get the fork fixed. Tires at the end of the season, that is if there is an actual end to your season down there. Be sure to change the sprockets when you change the chain too, if you want the new chain to last.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Congrats on the new bike Todd.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
Thats very special and wonderful. Don't be an asshole and forget to post pics of your bike. Congrats, Dude!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Thats right, I found one that I liked!!!

All for...

$3050 USD!!!

(Yes, it sucks living in a 3rd world country where bikes are expensive)
I know the feeling, here a Katana cost aprox the same. How much cost miy bike in Mexico?, here $7000. Hope you enjoy your bike, ride safe and post pics! :banana :welcome :headbang :devil :egrin By the way, what is a Dinamo U2 150cc? any pics?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you're going to love it.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CaboCastigo said:
I know the feeling, here a Katana cost aprox the same. How much cost miy bike in Mexico?, here $7000. Hope you enjoy your bike, ride safe and post pics! By the way, what is a Dinamo U2 150cc? any pics?
About the same price here, too expensive for me at the moment!!!

The Dinamo U2 is a chinese commuter bike. The frame is identical to a Suzuki GS125, but the engine is a Honda CG125 based unit (with 150cc). The plastics and tank, however, do not look like those of a GS, it looks more like a Yamaha RXZ135, hard to explain.

Will post pictures of it tonight. I'm going to keep that bike, it has been very reliable on the 12,000 miles I've rode it daily, and nothing beats it to get around the City, gets 70 mpg and can do 60mph. That is little bike that works really hard for very little gas.

I already have the can-o-tuna 750, but haven't been able to get any pics of it as I had to go to work, so I had to leave my new baby at home :a2

Got it today at 10am, just rode it home and parked it, then jumped on the 150 to get to the office, that sucks! :(

I'm amazed by how HARD it pulls!!! On my way home I felt like if I were riding an auto, just put it on 6th gear and didn't had to downshift to pass any cars!

The stability of the bike is also amazing, however, it feels heavy and a little bit slow to manouver, but I'm sure thats because of the crappy profile of the oem - like tires.

Can't wait till tonight, I'm going to ride it on the roads I know! (But not before posting some pictures here!!!)

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Sounds about right. They're impressive machines. Glad you like your new bike! :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
I had a 90' 750. It was a great bike. Better than most bikes I've ridden really. Blowing away idiots on 600 SSs at the drag strip was alot of fun. Maintainance was real easy too, not that it ever gave me problems. Only time was when it sprung an exhaust leak after some header bolts worked their way off.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Congrats, Nice looking bike.....

·
Banned
730 Posts
Good for you. Glad to hear your hard work and patience is paying off. And be very careful. The differences in your rides will sneak up and surprise you for quite awhile I'll bet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts