Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to spend a lot of time around here when I had my 05 636. I doubt any remembers me. Well I sold it over a year ago, put about 15,000 miles on it. I sold it because I was sick of the speed and the need to be going fast to have fun on it.

So I bought a custom XS650, I may have pictures here. That was a POS full of old bike issues. I sold that after 200 miles.

I then did some stuff with my home. Sold my Blazer and bought an Audi A4. And thought I needed a toy of some kind. I looked at everything from cars to bikes to sports cars.

Motorcycles have always been at the top of the list due to cost.

Any way I bought a new bike this last weekend. Me and my dad traveled about an hour to go get a bike. A 2003 Buell XB9S with a Corbin Seat and Jardine exhaust. Its defiantly different, and when it warms up Ill be able to tell more. Its been 30 or less with flurries, I still rode it though some.

Heres some pics:
Barely fits in a 2012 Tacoma Bed

At home

Attachments

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
sorry dude didnt notice :twofinger

the track is where its at, I would have picked you up on my way.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Welcome back! I remember your screen name from when I first joined SBN....like a year before I even got a bike.

-Christian

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry dude didnt notice :twofinger

the track is where its at, I would have picked you up on my way.
No one probably did. Oh well. haha

If I had a track in my back yard I would defiantly do it. I want to do it some day, but for now riding on the road is what I like best.

Welcome back! I remember your screen name from when I first joined SBN....like a year before I even got a bike.

-Christian
I remember your SN too. I see you defiantly moved up. Nice stable you have(according to your profile).

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You must not have the four door. My Buell doesn't really fit in my bed. Welcome back.

There's lots of cool parts available at Erik Buell Racing. I'd suggest upgrading your rotor and rotor mounts. It's a big bang for the buck.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
You must not have the four door. My Buell doesn't really fit in my bed. Welcome back.

There's lots of cool parts available at Erik Buell Racing. I'd suggest upgrading your rotor and rotor mounts. It's a big bang for the buck.
IDK what that is in the background, but it looks like you have a huge black tube connecting to the gas tank haha.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for the heads up. I wasnt aware he was making parts for the old stuff. I did call a Harley dealership and they say they still have them.

Nope the truck isnt a four door, its the Access cab. You could never carry people back there but it works for my parents, its only them.

We close early on Friday and its supposed to be 50 so I know how Ill be spending my Friday afternoon!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I wasnt aware he was making parts for the old stuff. I did call a Harley dealership and they say they still have them.

Nope the truck isnt a four door, its the Access cab. You could never carry people back there but it works for my parents, its only them.

We close early on Friday and its supposed to be 50 so I know how Ill be spending my Friday afternoon!
Yeah, EBR is selling a lot of upgrade parts for the XB's.

I was gonna buy an access cab, but I got a GREAT deal on my four door. Seven years later, I'm happy I did. I would have had to sell it with my son.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
No one probably did. Oh well. haha

If I had a track in my back yard I would defiantly do it. I want to do it some day, but for now riding on the road is what I like best.

I remember your SN too. I see you defiantly moved up. Nice stable you have(according to your profile).
Pacific junction is only 200 miles from sioux falls...I wish i was that close.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pacific junction is only 200 miles from sioux falls...I wish i was that close.
Mid America is about that close too. The drive to do a track day isnt that big for me. It would be fun, but expensive too. I figured all the costs, its a lot. I have other hobbies other than motorcycles so I would like to do them too. At this time its not something I want to do that bad.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Mid America is about that close too. The drive to do a track day isnt that big for me. It would be fun, but expensive too. I figured all the costs, its a lot. I have other hobbies other than motorcycles so I would like to do them too. At this time its not something I want to do that bad.
that is MAM in pacific junction. start up cost is usually the most, because i have to travel 8-10 hours and 3 tanks of fuel in the truck. tires get expensive too, but so does insurance and tickets.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took off early today and rode it some. Put probably 20 miles on it. Didnt really push it in corners since the roads are still cold and have dirt and shit on them. Just some straight line riding for now.

It goes down the road nice, sucks though at 80mph its running about 4200rpms, redline is 7500.

It doesnt have mirrors on it now, that will change I hate having to turn my body to see if I can change lanes or whos behind me before I do something I shouldnt.

I love that you dont have to wrap it out to get into the power. Getting on the interstate in 3rd gear at about 45mph just roll into it and it takes off, nothing like a 4cylider bike, but good enough for the street. Launching from a stop will be hard, I did it twice. One time it just spun the tire. The other time I felt the front end start to come up.

It will take some getting used to but I like it for the most part now. We close at noon friday and its supposed to be 55. Me and my buddy who just got his VFR800 will be out riding.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
there arent any corners in Sioux Falls.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts