Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I can't very well make an introduction post cuz I'm not new but my last post was in May 2012. When I first signed up here I had a learner's permit & I had ridden my friend's Ninja 250 a few times while saving up for my own bike.

This is what I've been doing since:

When I got back from Italy & Spain summer 2012, I started bike hunting like crazy. I wanted a CBR250, because "the dream" was a CBR600RR (which was abruptly ended in 2013 when I saw the new model... no offense, just didn't like the style). Anyhoo.. September 2012 I went Bert's Mega Overpriced Mall where I got talked into buying a GS500F, which I'm really glad I got because it was a lot of fun...

His name was Kakashi and I rode nearly every single day after getting it... I put somewhere around 15,000 miles on it before August 2013, which is when I panic braked at a car about to make a left turn on PCH... I was going about 50-55mph... Thank you gear!

I was able to ride the bike home & I still rode it a little bit after that but I had already had my eye on a new sexy bike. It took a few months (bad credit added to that) but finally in December of 2013 I got my beautiful baby!
Her name is Shimauma (zebra)... technically Tetsu no Shimauma (iron zebra)

One of me headed up the snake...

Here's me being a :squid2
Just kidding, I wore my gear over my clothes...

I still haven't done a trackday, (nothing to haul the bike) but hopefully I can weasel someone into letting me hitchhike in their truck. Either way I'm getting a one piece power ranger... I mean... track suit in the next few weeks with tax refund $. I have leather jacket & leather pants now, but I prefer more protection if I'm gonna do a trackday.

If you guys have instagram, there are more pics of me & my shenanigans.

Instagram

I also started motovlogging, in case anyone is interested.

Youtube

Whew! Okay so I think that's everything... I'll try not to disappear again, no promises, I have a really short attention span... :nilly

So what have y'all been up to? lol

:smilierr

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
buying bike, fixing bike, arguing, riding bike, fixing bike, arguing, riding bike, moving, riding bike, arguing, fixing bike, riding bike, moving, moving again, riding bike, arguing, fixing bike.

oh and after that last riding bike, their has been some whining because it has been over a month since i have had 3 consecutive days with out being snowed on.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:loller.. sounds hectic. wow and snow, that sucks.
I'm lucky to be in SoCal, great roads, great weather. We're spoiled. :D
Why so much arguing?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Welcome back. Nothing but baby mama drama and working. Was hoping to get the F4i up to speed for track days this summer, but looks like it'll be pushed back another year due to new unforseen financial obligations. Hopefully by next summer I'll have a garage again that I can stash a trailer in.

Still up there in Malibu? I need to get my ass up to the snake one of these days. I could do without the crowds, but I should probably experience it at least once in my riding career.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
nice to see someone passionate about their riding. haven't been able to ride much due to long cold winter here in Ozarks. been dealing with wife's heart issues the last few weeks. she was at Arkansas heart hospital weekend before last. hopefully she's fixed up. drove through right where the tornadoes went through last night, although we were travelling a week ago.

nice looking bike btw

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
welcome back. Seems like you really enjoy riding. It's excellent to hear.
first photo I've seen, whoever made you did a good job. :D (this is all the leghumping you get from me. Everybody gets one)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
lol there sure does seem to be a lot of great drivers in your area. Love the end of the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbvEwC-ylOc
Thanks for watching! Yea LA drivers are lots of fun... :p
A bunch of people on reddit gave me crap for that video saying I'm wrong for passing through their blind spot. :wtf
Aside from the fact that a couple of those cars actually cut me off intentionally cuz LA drivers like to be bullies... people throw on their blinker and just move over without looking. They do it when I'm driving my car too.

They also gave me crap for splitting past that car in the beginning, where the jay walkers decided to take advantage... "you could have killed or seriously injured them! how dare you?! have some decency.... blah blah" :skeptic
IMO that seemed harmless.. I was going so slow, I wouldn't have hit them. But people thought it was bitchy. :shrug

Welcome back!
Thank you!

Welcome back. Nothing but baby mama drama and working. Was hoping to get the F4i up to speed for track days this summer, but looks like it'll be pushed back another year due to new unforseen financial obligations. Hopefully by next summer I'll have a garage again that I can stash a trailer in.

Still up there in Malibu? I need to get my ass up to the snake one of these days. I could do without the crowds, but I should probably experience it at least once in my riding career.
Um... baby mama drama? :eye
Brentwood now but I'm at the snake all the time.
Come early to hang out, ride in the late afternoon.
Usually the cops show up around 2pm, everyone clears out & then it's pretty chill.

nice to see someone passionate about their riding. haven't been able to ride much due to long cold winter here in Ozarks. been dealing with wife's heart issues the last few weeks. she was at Arkansas heart hospital weekend before last. hopefully she's fixed up. drove through right where the tornadoes went through last night, although we were travelling a week ago.

nice looking bike btw
Sorry to hear that. :( I hope she'll be okay.

I've never seen a tornado in person.

& thank you! :D

*edit : my bad, you said a week ago - I take it you didn't get to see the land of Oz then. :p

welcome back. Seems like you really enjoy riding. It's excellent to hear.
first photo I've seen, whoever made you did a good job. :D (this is all the leghumping you get from me. Everybody gets one)
lol... thank you! I appreciate the leg humping even if it's the only time. :blush

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
You seem familiar...

Wait, you mean you got a SS without asking us first!? kidding...

No, srsly.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Um... baby mama drama? :eye
Brentwood now but I'm at the snake all the time.
Come early to hang out, ride in the late afternoon.
Usually the cops show up around 2pm, everyone clears out & then it's pretty chill.
<------- formerly known as danny500r. Think you left right around the time my ex and I split up, things have progressed, uhm, crazily with the drama.

I'll have to swing out that way at some point this summer. Pretty booked weekend wise until mid June -> July.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
:loller.. sounds hectic. wow and snow, that sucks.
I'm lucky to be in SoCal, great roads, great weather. We're spoiled. :D
Why so much arguing?
snow, at least in my experience, mostly blows.

as for the arguing.

that's cause whenever i am stuck on a computer doing research, or writing papers, i use this place as a place to rant/vent. Since this places Politics and Religion section is fairly tolerant of my ranting i stay here. I also tell myself that forcing myself to write on the internet will help my rhetoric, grammar, and spelling.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Nice- good work you!!!

new bike looks fab!!!

As for the track day- why don't you get your power ranger suit- or a zip together- and just ride- pack a backpack- and make friends with someone!!!

I went all by myself to my first track day and I hauled my bike.... In my horse trailer.

next time I think one rode- one trailered. Not sure- can't remember- it's not as traumatic as people make it out to be- but just don't fuck up and wreck the bike- makes getting home difficult!

Reactions: Nyxesque

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I don't think I'll ever ride to a track day. The tracks are all so far away, and I must be prepared to bring the bike home in a box.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You seem familiar...

Wait, you mean you got a SS without asking us first!? kidding...

No, srsly.
Haha... my bad.
If I can weasel someone into hauling my bike, I'll consult you guys on which pitbike to get. :tease

<------- formerly known as danny500r. Think you left right around the time my ex and I split up, things have progressed, uhm, crazily with the drama.

I'll have to swing out that way at some point this summer. Pretty booked weekend wise until mid June -> July.
Oh, I remember that name.

wait can I have a name change too?
purty please~ :sad

that's cause whenever i am stuck on a computer doing research, or writing papers, i use this place as a place to rant/vent. Since this places Politics and Religion section is fairly tolerant of my ranting i stay here. I also tell myself that forcing myself to write on the internet will help my rhetoric, grammar, and spelling.
Yea I get ranty on forums too.

Nice- good work you!!!

new bike looks fab!!!

As for the track day- why don't you get your power ranger suit- or a zip together- and just ride- pack a backpack- and make friends with someone!!!

I went all by myself to my first track day and I hauled my bike.... In my horse trailer.

next time I think one rode- one trailered. Not sure- can't remember- it's not as traumatic as people make it out to be- but just don't fuck up and wreck the bike- makes getting home difficult!
I thought about that actually.
My concern is all the tracks the tracks are 2+ hours away from me plus I don't know track stuff.
But maybe I'm just overthinking it.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Send me a PM and let me know what you want to change it to and I will set you up.

Also, not sure about the tracks near you, but my favorite track allows camping in the pit areas, which have power, and the facilities include on site showers. Go up the day before your track day and stay the night, and you are there and ready to go first thing. :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Haha... my bad.
If I can weasel someone into hauling my bike, I'll consult you guys on which pitbike to get. :tease

My concern is all the tracks the tracks are 2+ hours away from me plus I don't know track stuff.
Maybe we can work something out. I'm not track ready but I'd love to flex my 7D and a 70-200 2.8 or 300 2.8 and I have a truck with ramps ;)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
you are :p

and that's why you go- because you don't know anything- so you show up and they teach you. :)

Send me a PM and let me know what you want to change it to and I will set you up.

Also, not sure about the tracks near you, but my favorite track allows camping in the pit areas, which have power, and the facilities include on site showers. Go up the day before your track day and stay the night, and you are there and ready to go first thing. :)

yep- go the night before- pack a tent- make friends (won't be hard- honestly even if you aren't a girl people are super friendly) be safe- have a blast and ride home. or stay the night and then ride home (you might want to- I was EXHAUSTED after my first day!!!)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I'll ask my friend who works at the dunlop truck which tracks allow camping, (I think they all do)
Although he told me he springs for a hotel because it gets really cold at night out in the desert. But freezing my butt off is way better than crashing from exhaustion.
:horse

you are :p

and that's why you go- because you don't know anything- so you show up and they teach you. :)

yep- go the night before- pack a tent- make friends (won't be hard- honestly even if you aren't a girl people are super friendly) be safe- have a blast and ride home. or stay the night and then ride home (you might want to- I was EXHAUSTED after my first day!!!)
Even how to prepare my bike to be track ready? :D

lol... I better learn how to pack light or this will be me for an overnight stay:

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
I liked Red Fox better...WTF is that? lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts