Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I go out the other day and decide I'm going to do a burnout. Long story short, I stayed sitting on the bike, so of course the back tire hooks and bike lurches ahead, clutched it in and saved it, but slammed my knee on my frame slider pretty good. I just wanted to keep her on two wheels and not on its side :) I did hear it spin a little bit. O yea and I should have put a little more psi in the rear it was at 35, should have been up to 40 probably.

Just thought I'd share how much of an idiot I am.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i stopped doing burnouts when my tires were only lasting 2500 miles..

·
Registered
912 Posts
quick burnout guide:

Stand up on the bike, feet on the ground, and put as much of your weight forward as you can manage. Rev the throttle up pretty high (8k at least) and slowly release the clutch. You should feel the front end compress, and the engine will start to bog down. Then suddenly the rear tire will release when you're almost out of the clutch friction zone, and you'll be off and spinning. Keep it going as long as you like, but remember you're burning a flat spot on your tires. you can even get fancy with it if you feel ballsy and walk the rear end around to do a perfect donut. Once you're done doing your burnout grab a handful of clutch, and back off the throttle.

I always do a normal takeoff when I'm done (only done like 3 or 4 burnouts ever) to get the still melted rubber off of my tires so I don't have any problems later.

Next step is learning to do it while rolling, standing up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
TemtnF8 said:
quick burnout guide:

Stand up on the bike, feet on the ground, and put as much of your weight forward as you can manage. Rev the throttle up pretty high (8k at least) and slowly release the clutch. You should feel the front end compress, and the engine will start to bog down. Then suddenly the rear tire will release when you're almost out of the clutch friction zone, and you'll be off and spinning. Keep it going as long as you like, but remember you're burning a flat spot on your tires. you can even get fancy with it if you feel ballsy and walk the rear end around to do a perfect donut. Once you're done doing your burnout grab a handful of clutch, and back off the throttle.

I always do a normal takeoff when I'm done (only done like 3 or 4 burnouts ever) to get the still melted rubber off of my tires so I don't have any problems later.

Next step is learning to do it while rolling, standing up.

Does the front brake come into the equation anywhere? :neener

·
Registered
912 Posts
SurfNSB said:
Does the front brake come into the equation anywhere? :neener
Haha, yeah, you're right. While it is possible to break the rear tire loose without it I wouldn't recommend trying it. So, right before the part where you rev the throttle PULL THE F'ING FRONT BRAKE LEVER IN!

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
You've been riding like a month and already trying to cook your tires? :lao

Tires are too expensive to just ring off. Now if there is some chicks, and you want to roll a huge burnout leaving the street in a cloud of smoke, that's another thing :D.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Burn outs are just a waste of time and money. I gave up on em.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The reason I tried is because i just got done seeing a ton of burnouts on the seniors last day. I went back to my old high school, cause I have a couple buddies still there. Burnouts till the parking lot was full of smoke. We put his M/T slicks on it--those make killer smoke when you get them rolling. 10 cars in a line--It was nuts--:lol State cops and city cops showed up and they kept doing them. That put me in the mood to try later that night. There were so many people doing them, they really didn't do much. Just watched, probably tried to get them on camera and pulled a couple people over. I just chilled by my bike and talked to a couple of girls. Last thing I need is getting on there bad side. It was a great show.

I think standing cirlces are pretty slick, and other variations. The goal is to be able to do them, then stop. I just want to learn them not do them everyday.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
A burnout on a bike is far easier then a car, simply because you're not fighting the rear brakes to bust the tires loose (however, some cars have line locks). You sound like you just needed to get off of the seat and rev higher before you dump the clutch.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
someone takes this guys biker boyz copy away.......geez..... :banned To do a burnout just hold the front brake in, shift into first and slowly let the clutch out while giving it some gas.....just remember to hold the brake ....and when your done pull the clutch all the way back in ........ :bitchslap

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
A burnout on a bike is far easier then a car, simply because you're not fighting the rear brakes to bust the tires loose (however, some cars have line locks). You sound like you just needed to get off of the seat and rev higher before you dump the clutch.
Yea I think your right. Little more R's and not sitting. Line locks are nice I have one on my Camaro. I use it mainly at the drag strip to warm the E.T streets up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Burnouts...one of the most expensive stunts, over time that is!

·
Registered
791 Posts
i had always planned to try doing some burnouts right before i was about to buy some new tires.

I dont see why ppl burn out in cars or bikes, simple waste of money. and to Almighty Jason, you seem impressionable, like a follower. I hope you dont see a group of bikers doing stupid things and then join in.

not a flame just a statement.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Glad you saved it, I've done a couple of burnouts and it gets a little nerve racking at first until the tire is spinning and you know it's not going anywhere.. Cool to do but I don't want to buy tires for a while so they are rare for me..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts