Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had my 94 ninja 600r for bout 2-3 weeks now...up to a week ago id just idle/go slowly up and down my little street. i took the MSF and got my license on friday and ALL weekend ive been riding all around my quiet neighborhood at about 20-30 mph...i think the neighbors dont like it with that aftermarket exhaust with the insulation all blown out :egrin

today i rode to my summer job i just quit a few weeks ago (cuz its been gettin slow [a carwash]) to show them the bike, i went to a friends house, and i just rode around a lil further in the neighborhood and went out on streets with minimal traffic to get use to having to go the speed limit (well, keeping up with traffic so i dont get run down)

im addicted!!! lol i come back home and sit down for about 5 minutes and i get all anxious and then i throw the helmet back on and tell my dad im goin to go for a lil ride again...ride around for bout 30 minutes, come back, and repeat :)

i only went on the small traffic roads today cuz its sunday, but i dont have a jacket or pants yet so i dont wanna go out on them too long or too much till i get them.

yes- its a 600, and no, i dont think it was a smart thing to do, but im doin my best to keep myself outta trouble (laugh in my head at the people who gimme the internat'l sign for wheelie; dont go WOT on wide open roads; dont try doing anything i shouldnt be doing)

as the cheezy retarded mcdonalds slogan goes- "im lovin it"

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
So you're a Miami rider, who rides a 600SS, with just a helmet? I've heard about such people--RSixxy talks about 'em a lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not a supersport...its the regular 600R...anyways, ive just been around my neighborhood for that reason that i only have a helmet and gloves...and since it was sunday i went out on quiet roads that have a little bit of traffic...but i dont plan on goin around much more than runnin around the neighborhood for some time till i get $$ for the jacket and pants and a pair of riding shoes

·
Registered
19 Posts
I STRONGLY recommend getting some good boots ASAP. I've had my 400+ lb bike crash down on my ankle and walked away from it without so much as a bruise thanks to the boots I had.

You sound just like me when I first got my bike. (2002 YZF600R) I'd ride from 9 am until sunset every day. I'd go and stop by my mom's house (about half an hour away), stay about 5 mins, get bored, and then go visit my dad. (half an hour in the OPPOSITE direction from my house, so about an hour total distance.) I'd stay there for 5 mins, get bored, get back on and go somewhere else. Every time I'd end up at home I'd sit down and my helmet would just kind of taunt me... so I'd get up, put my gear back on, and go riding again. 4000 miles later, I'm not quite THAT bad anymore, but I'm still close. In the last week I've put on 300 miles. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol is it bad that i put 65 miles on the bike from just riding around a neighborhood pretty much in a matter of 2 days? :D

im on a college budget tho, so if i get boots i need a pair of low cost ones thatll get the job done. i was looking into a pair of riding shoes with the ankle guards cuz i like being able to feel the shift level, but i also like to put safety before comfort...any suggestions for $100 or less boots?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts