Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not really, but as close as my ass is ever going to get. My wife did her "fini flight" (last flight) with her current squadron and the mechanics were kind enough to include me by putting my name on the side of her jet. She's now off to Beale AFB to start flying U2s. I was originally supposed to fly in her final formation in another jet, but this whole Iraq thing pulled the plug on that.

I thought it was pretty cool to see my name on it. Wish I could have been there.

BONUS QUESTION: What kind of jet is it in and what movie did it play a "bad guy" in???

Free blinker fluid for the person who answers it first:thumbup :banana :lao

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's a T-38 Talon and it has played bad guys in several movies. If you're thinking the Mig-28 in "Top Gun", those were F-5Es and F-5Fs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
linuxbikr said:
It's a T-38 Talon and it has played bad guys in several movies. If you're thinking the Mig-28 in "Top Gun", those were F-5Es and F-5Fs.
I'm pretty sure its was just F-5E's and A-4 SkyHawks.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Linux is correct. Fluid for you!

·
Registered
418 Posts
THAT is sooooo badass..... envy is pouring all over me!!! Congrats... hope she stays safe.

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
Kudos to you and your wifey. Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
So Busa,did you ever get to sit in one of those bad boys?

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alaska cajun said:
So Busa,did you ever get to sit in one of those bad boys?
Yup, a couple of times. Had a chance to taxi in one, but declined.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
busarider54 said:
Yup, a couple of times. Had a chance to taxi in one, but declined.

Oh man,that would be so cool.I wish I had the money to go to Rusia and fly one of those Migs.I think it's around $35,000 or so.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those T-38's are some nice jets. That's the plane they trained us to work on in Wichita Falls, TX. before I moved on to McGuire AFB, NJ to work on KC-10A's.

Congrats to you and your wife.

Wes

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
That would have been a great ride. A guy I know who works for Time Magazine got a ride in friggin' B1B, and they let him fly it for about 45 minutes!!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Oh man,that would be so cool.I wish I had the money to go to Rusia and fly one of those Migs.I think it's around $35,000 or so.

I thought they were more than that, you can barely buy a cessna for that.

congrats to your wife man, good luck at the new home

·
Registered
533 Posts
i think its $35000 just to ride in one hehe,

id sure like to fly one, must be like a sportbike X100

·
Registered
706 Posts
That is awesome. Congrats. and Best of luck to your wife. I was just at the Air show at Selfridge Air Base this week end. Seeing the F16's and F18's in action is unbelievable. Not to mention feeling all 6 Blue Angels doing a low altitude fly over. Speechless......

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Prowler said:
now...name the variant aircraft that was based on this airframe yet never made it to production.
I'm going to guess the F-5A/B/C/E or the further variant F-20 tigershark.

Did I win a cookie?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts