Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy I bought my fairings from STILL hasn't mailed them, it has been over a month. Without at least the uppers for my ninja I can't mount the headlight, therefore I can't ride it. I'm about to just give up. I have a great bike and I can't even ride it. I can't afford brand new fairings, I can't afford anything until I get my school loans in. I paid for these fairings using pay pal, so I could try to get my money back but I can't get ahold of this guy. What should I do? I don't care WHAT the fairings look like, I don't care how dorky I'll look with mismatched fairings, I just want to RIDE. HELP!!

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Use the contact seller function to get his name and number (which also releases your name and number to him). Call and leave a detailed message, repeat your name and number twice. Give him a few days to call back. Also email and give that the few days.

end the messages with, "this is my 2nd attempt to get in touch with you about the status on these fairings, if i have not heard from you by [insert some day or date 3-4 days away], I will be reporting you to ebay for non-shipment of goods paid for and requesting my money back, AND leaving negative feedback. And at this point having taken so long I would appreciate you expediting the shipment to make up for my lost time."

When that doesn't work, report him, leave negative feedback, Ebay's buyer protection should kick in to give you your money back, and you can move on to someone else with a "buy it now" option since your time is running short. just do a search and narrow it down to fairings with a buy it now option, or do Ending soonest and try to find one ending within a day or 2, and email the seller beforehand to ask how soon they can be shipped after purchased, just to see how good they are about responses...

Or, do not buy from anyone with less than 95% positive feedback, and the less they have sold, the closer to 100% they should be. If not, check the negatives to find out what the common problems are. Good luck.

Also check your local paper...someone might be selling fairings. Also check craigslist.com (or is it craigslist.org?) for your city, they might have fairing ads too.

That is the kind of headache i didn't want why i said my bike has to come with the fairings already on it...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I bought the fairings for only $125... so even IF I get my money back, I'll never find a deal like that again. I also didn't use ebay, I just used pay pal. Arti met this guy somewhere on this website, but still hasn't given me his email address though I asked for it. So... otherwise, thanks for the info. Hopefully I get my school loans in soon so I can afford some fairings...

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Then keep raising hell with Arti. If you went through him instead of the other guy, then Arti is the one you should have issues with...just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Arti is trying like hell to get ahold of this guy. I am trying to help him to do this because I just want my darn fairings!!!!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
So you need a full set of skins?? Look on ebay for used race skins, you could cut the headlight out of the skins and the tailight to make them fit. Let me know what you want to do. Fiberglass race skins are the cheapest way to go and you can't tell the difference. Good luck chickie, I wish you the best :)!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The best way to deal with people like this is to spam them with emails asking where your stuff is.Sooner or later he is going to get tired and answer back.At least, that usually works. :nutkick

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I thought I'd try that, as soon as arti gets me his email address this boy is in trouble... all I remember is he's in Florida

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Oh hook me up with his digits if you have them, I'll pay him a little visit :D... And if he trys to make up some lame shipping problem excuse I will personally go pick the skins up for you and mail them to you.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Cant you go through paypal and request for a refund since he never mailed them? I'd check ebay when i got my bike I found a full set of plastics for my bike (a few scratches) for under 200.00 but I decided not to get them Good luck hope your up and riding soon as long as we have the weather for it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey, I went through my stuff and found his address!! It is:

Jeff Novak
14117 Village Terrace Drive
Tampa, Florida 33624
[email protected]

If you guys could help me spam him.... whos up for helping me get my fairings?!?

*DON'T MESS WITH THE PUSSY POSSE!!*

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
He knows me by Jaime ****** but he was told to send the fairings to arti, aka Jason ********. Jason's been trying his best to get ahold of this guy- and I think he said this guy is a member of SBN- but he won't respond anymore. At first he was saying he was sorry, that his girlfriend just had a baby so he was preoccupied... but that was over a month ago. He also told me the fairings are in a box ready to go. Thanks so much ladies... I cry sometimes because I can't ride my bike. I feel like a loser without a bike... and I'm so jealous that you guys have bikes and I don't...

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Hi Jeff,
I am emailing you as part of a group effort to SERIOUSLY encourage you to deliver the fairings paid for by Jaime ********to Arti (Jason ********) as originally promised, or to Jaime herself, as immediately as possible. You know we all like to ride our bikes and her ability to put her lights on her bike depends on getting these fairings.

Please note her post below on sportbikes.net, you have really given a bad name to internet sales and if you have any sense of what is right, you will ship her fairings to her by Tuesday since Memorial Day Monday is a holiday. If you are REALLY sorry you will send them by Expedited Mail, but as long as you mail them off by Tuesday with some kind of delivery or signature confirmation, the woman will be very happy just to know they are finally on the way.

From Jaime:
"He knows me by Jaime ******but he was told to send the fairings to arti, aka Jason ********. Jason's been trying his best to get ahold of this guy- and I think he said this guy is a member of SBN- but he won't respond anymore. At first he was saying he was sorry, that his girlfriend just had a baby so he was preoccupied... but that was over a month ago. He also told me the fairings are in a box ready to go. Thanks so much ladies... I cry sometimes because I can't ride my bike. I feel like a loser without a bike... and I'm so jealous that you guys have bikes and I don't..."

We understand a new child takes a toll on your time, money, emotions, energy...but you are a man and you gave your word by posting the ad for the fairings, so you need to keep your end of the bargain and send them to her. Seriously, this is not cool. Please get in touch with Jaime and Jason and ship the fairings ASAP. We all appreciate it. Thanks.

Sincerely,

A concerned member of Sportbikes.net. :) Think about how you would feel if your riding was held up for over a month due to waiting on some guy to ship you a couple fairings? Be nice.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Jaime, If Jason ordered these on your behalf, meaning you gave him the money and he "ordered" the parts, then Jason is as much responsible for your fairings as the guy he "ordered" them through. I would be hounding them both...all I am seeing are excuses...third party of course, but that is what I see.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
ZXXX6RN said:
I cry sometimes because I can't ride my bike. I feel like a loser without a bike... and I'm so jealous that you guys have bikes and I don't...
guess you need to come down here and ride my bike for a lil while so that you can get rid of those crocodile tears.....
since my bike (04 Kawi 636) is similiar to your :neener

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks so much guys. I'm taking everyone's advice into consideration and am putting forth my best efforts into getting these fairings. I simply can't believe that one rider would do this to another. Thanks for the emails, I hope when this guy sees that more than two people care about whether these fairings get shipped that he'll finally have the sense to ship them. I'll let you know if they come in or not... in the meantime, I plan on keeping up the barrage of emails until I get at least an answer, if not the fairings themselves...

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
If you plan on getting paypal to pay you back, you have to notify them 30 days after the sale. No later from what I understand. I was able to get back $170 from some low life that never responded to me after I paid him. Paypal notified him and gave him a chance to respond and when he didn't they credited my account. If you did it on a credit card, you can still call the Credit Card company and dispute the sale. They will refund the money too.
Good luck!
I woul post the story and the guys info in the General section. Let everybody jump on the harrasment bandwagon.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, I filed a dispute with pay pal. They say it can take up to thirty days to resolve, but hopefully I'll get a refund... at some point! I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.