Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'mstarting a new thread to try to get an opinion or five about my new lid. Should I try to break it in or...? :

AGV GP1

...the damn thing barely fits, and doesn't completely cover my chin. The shell itself is OK, not as snug as I thought it would be so not sure what will happen once it breaks in. Entry is difficult because of the shape of the opening (those wacky Europeans!) but I just need to get used to that. The other concern I have is that my long-ass nose is just touching the chinbar already, so what would happen upon impact?

I suppose if my chin hits the pavement first I'd have a broken jaw, but then again in that case my head would get pushed back at such a bad angle I'd break my neck too - how many times does a surviving rider hit the ground chin first (from the bottom of the chin)?

Should I forget about this helmet or try to break it in and see how it feels then? XXL is their biggest size, can't get the next size up then...

Thanks!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Sounds like you need to exchange it. The last thing you want when riding is an ill-fitted helmet. Just the fact that it doesn't cover all your chin would make me exchange it. Do you get a headache from it if you wear it too long?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rascus... I just got it today so haven't ridden with it yet. I'll call the guy but it looks like I got it on closeout (it's new) on eBay. All I wanted was a spare lid, I already have my V-Flyer for everyday use. I'm just wondering if I should ride it home, but yeah that chin thing concerns me.

BTW, your sig about gear vs sweat always pops into mind when I think it's too hot to wear my perf'ed jacket, and I stop being a bitch and just put it on and ride :dblthumb

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
fotocycle said:
Thanks, Rascus... I just got it today so haven't ridden with it yet. I'll call the guy but it looks like I got it on closeout (it's new) on eBay. All I wanted was a spare lid, I already have my V-Flyer for everyday use. I'm just wondering if I should ride it home, but yeah that chin thing concerns me.

BTW, your sig about gear vs sweat always pops into mind when I think it's too hot to wear my perf'ed jacket, and I stop being a bitch and just put it on and ride :dblthumb
Cool man, glad to hear that :dblthumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts