Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has pretty much heard of my crappy driving luck. But this just tops it. I was hit for the SECOND time by a Harley last Friday! Back when I had my camaro, like 2 summers ago, this Harley tried going between cars and clipped me (while we were stopped at a red light) but the guy followed me and I reamed him a new asshole. No big deal, we didn't report it (I was driving on a suspended license).
Anywho, so last weekend (I'm only 20 mind you) I was driving home from drinking at my cousins. I had maybe 3 beers the entire night though and I come up to the red light going north on 60th across Bluemound and this Harley pulls up directly behind me. His buddy was behind him in some Range Rover or some kinda similar SUV, and the Harley pulls up about 3 feet from my bumper and then starts to flare his throttle and go forward to half a foot from my bumper and then pull back. After awhile of him acting like a prick, I threw my hands up in the air in a gesture like "what the fuck are you doing?" He proceeded to flip me off. Finally the light turns green, I start going and don't even get half way through the intersection, shift into second and BAM. The asshole rear ends me. I now have a HUGE tire mark on the back of my Nissan. So I go to pull over, to get his information and he goes to run! So I tear off after him, cutting his friend off. He quick swings a left onto Wisconsin. I call the cops on his ass, I was pissed at this point. Finally he got pulled over on 92nd and Wisconsin Ave, and of course they don't ticket him because he got pulled over in Wauwatosa and the accident happened in Milwaukee. And then the cops were threatening to breathalize ME!!!!!! Yeah, and I just changed my major to criminal justice....maybe I should rethink that.... :pisson :mad: :finger :ar

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sorry to hear that girl. The drinking was wrong, along with the suspended license thing, but... sometimes you have to make mistakes to learn from them. And as for the Harley poser, well... he deserved to get in just as much trouble. There's showing off and then there's plain old male stupidity- you know, when their testosterone goes into overdrive... yeah, you know!!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Driving with a suspended license, driving after drinking, AND POSTING IT ALL IN THE INTERNET FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!!!!! I think I see the theme here.

[edit] BAD JUDGEMENT

·
Registered
319 Posts
ZXXX6RN said:
Sorry to hear that girl. The drinking was wrong, along with the suspended license thing, but... sometimes you have to make mistakes to learn from them. And as for the Harley poser, well... he deserved to get in just as much trouble. There's showing off and then there's plain old male stupidity- you know, when their testosterone goes into overdrive... yeah, you know!!

Yeah, because women never do stupid things, like, oh I dont know, drinking and driving with a suspended license.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Men and women do lots of stupid things but like zxx6r said we learn from them

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I still say it's the people, not their choice of machines, that make them retarded...male and female. The important thing is no one got hurt, especially when underage drinking is involved.
I really hope people can stop stereotyping the cruiser/harley crowd....keep in mind some of those guys, on their harleys, have the ability to hand the best of us our asses out there. Those guys can ride, very well in fact, and deserve due respect. It doesn't matter what you ride, what matters is that you ride. We are all on two wheels, face the same dangers as well as embrace the same joys on the road. Who friggen cares what the machine is...I don't, I just ride and wave to all that I see.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I was just glad that I got a call from the cop that I talked to that night today and he got arrested that night for drunk driving, he blew a .11. Yes, I may have been stupid for drinking even if I was drinking smart for at least spreading my 3 beers the entire night out into a course of 6 hours and stopping drinking at least 2 hours before I left. It still was NOT my fault

·
Registered
586 Posts
blndebmbr said:
I still say it's the people, not their choice of machines, that make them retarded...male and female. The important thing is no one got hurt, especially when underage drinking is involved.
I really hope people can stop stereotyping the cruiser/harley crowd....keep in mind some of those guys, on their harleys, have the ability to hand the best of us our asses out there. Those guys can ride, very well in fact, and deserve due respect. It doesn't matter what you ride, what matters is that you ride. We are all on two wheels, face the same dangers as well as embrace the same joys on the road. Who friggen cares what the machine is...I don't, I just ride and wave to all that I see.

+1

I will own a harley someday - when i can afford one. I like them, they way they ride, the way they sound, and the way they look. They might not have the track prowess that the jap bikes do, but they're fun to ride, and the brotherhood is unmatched.

·
Registered
832 Posts
+1

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
blndebmbr said:
...I agree that what matters is that you ride.

Unfortunately, the "new age" RUB Harley guys don't share that perspective... "If it ain't a Harley, it ain't a bike..." and such. Unfortunately, this was extremely previlant during Harley fest. Buncha' posers!

I ran into this just last night. I was told that I didn't know what to so with all that speed and that I was going to get myself killed. Mind you, I have never met this guy, he has no idea how I ride, and this was his knee-jerk reaction to hearing what bikes I rode. He rode his Sportster 1200 to the party and was on his fifth beer.

Ironically, the one-percenters (old school Harley riders, been riding for years) are some of the most respectful bikers I've ever met.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Murf99 said:
...I agree that what matters is that you ride.

Unfortunately, the "new age" RUB Harley guys don't share that perspective... "If it ain't a Harley, it ain't a bike..." and such. Unfortunately, this was extremely previlant during Harley fest. Buncha' posers!

I ran into this just last night. I was told that I didn't know what to so with all that speed and that I was going to get myself killed. Mind you, I have never met this guy, he has no idea how I ride, and this was his knee-jerk reaction to hearing what bikes I rode. He rode his Sportster 1200 to the party and was on his fifth beer.

Ironically, the one-percenters (old school Harley riders, been riding for years) are some of the most respectful bikers I've ever met.
I know I'll own a harley some day, it's the newer riders that are the pricks.. the ones that get all dressed up for their one Saturday ride.. to look cool while they barely tip it at all.. blah blah..

There are a couple of dudes at my job that ride harleys, the big dresser ones, every day, rain or shine, as long as it's above freezing or there isn't ice on the road it's fair game, and they are cool. They respect my bike because they know that it would hand them their ass in the twisties and on the straights.. they laugh when I stop at a stop light and lean it really far over to show them how light it is.. they don't mind riding with me at all, just as long as you ride, and use your bike for more than the weekend tromp..

One guy can ride really good though.. he whips that freaking 800lb bike around like it's nothing, his pipes and floor boards are all scraped up.. I told him to get a sport bike :) He's thinking about it

·
Registered
5 Posts
what matters is that you ride.
I also agree wholeheartedly. I took ownership of my first bike when I was 18...a Kawasaki KDX (dirtbike). I first started riding on the street on a Sportster...got my license riding that bike. Got onto riding sportbikes last summer thanks to my good pal Todd. In my short relatively short time motorcycling, I've met a hell of a lot of good people on all different types of bikes. I've also run across some real stains - some on bikes, some not.

Point is, cruiser or racebike, paved track or single-track, anything in between or more extreme... we've all got to pull together to support our riding rights and privilages because there are myriad people out there who would take it all away in a heartbeat.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Hairpin Racer said:
I also agree wholeheartedly. I took ownership of my first bike when I was 18...a Kawasaki KDX (dirtbike). I first started riding on the street on a Sportster...got my license riding that bike. Got onto riding sportbikes last summer thanks to my good pal Todd. In my short relatively short time motorcycling, I've met a hell of a lot of good people on all different types of bikes. I've also run across some real stains - some on bikes, some not.

Point is, cruiser or racebike, paved track or single-track, anything in between or more extreme... we've all got to pull together to support our riding rights and privilages because there are myriad people out there who would take it all away in a heartbeat.
Nicely stated. Thank you!!!

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Hairpin Racer said:

Well put, Mike. I feel a little guiltyfor concentrating on the negatives here in my previous post.

BTW - I changed suspension settings on the ZX7 (added rear preload, adjusted the damping compression and rebound, and dropped the forks 5mm) to better suit my weight and riding style (as opposed to a 120lb girl). I also installed new pads and bled the brakes... BIG CHANGE - you'll be very impressed!!! When ya' coming down to ride with us?!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Where the hell are all you people when everyone in General Sportbikes start ragging on Harleys?? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one there who is willing to defend Harleys. I'm glad to see you all are well aware of the realities rather than the bandwagoning hate that is so prevalent in GS.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well, I can tell you the only thing I hold against riders, ALL riders, is not wearing the proper gear. At least a helmet, people!! I'm sorry, but the bandanna, cigarette, and sunglasses don't scream "I'm a hot dude" it says, "I'm a poser!!" and it makes me irritated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts