Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my bike yesterday and thought about getting water in the upright ignition switch. I discovered that a 35mm film canister fits over the switch like it was designed for it. I now keep a canister under my seat so I can cover the ignition any time I have to leave my bike out in the rain.

There's one for you guys over in the rainy UK. :cheers

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I've seen ignition switch covers for snowmobile ignitions. I wonder if they'll fit ours.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Post a before and after picture please? :)

·
Superbike Racer
72 Posts
Hmmm, I knew there was a reason for not going digital...now I know!
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that one if I ever use the hose to clean my black beasty...I'm still using a bucket and sponge or Mr Sheen (Rumour has it that the man on the Australian Mr Sheen cans is our prime minister John Howard... Fellow aussies will know what I mean! LOL)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeez guys, you're makin' me blush.

I'm surprised no one noticed the fit before now.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Shadow: You have to add 35mm film canister to your mod. list in your signature line now. :lol

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hippie said:
Shadow: You have to add 35mm film canister to your mod. list in your signature line now. :lol
Done!

Now I expect everyone else to add it to their list of mods too. :lao

I actually thought of going to local film developing places, taking all the old film canisters off their hands for free, adding a little FZ6 decal to the top and then selling them. What do you think, $11.95 for a custom piece like that? :lol

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I've seen worse on ebay..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts