Sport Bikes banner

461 - 480 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
my +4 advancer will be here tomorrow. I can't wait to install it. I shimmed the carbs last weekend so I'll be curious if I notice anything additional.

Did most of y'all use an impact wrench or stick a screwdriver in the gears? I could go to lowes and get an electric or rechargeable impact wrench, but why spend the money on it if the screwdrive method works ok. I'm just worried that I might bugger the gears. Any experiences and opinions on the best place to stick the screwdriver? Thanks in advance for any comments. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
finally installed my FactoryPro +4 ignition advancer today.

it really is as simple as everyone says. the bolts on the cover came off easy, even the one that had some loctite on it. the 17mm was also easy, after i stuck a screwdriver between the teeth of the stock part.

the gasket came off a bit, but after i tightened all the bolts and ran the engine, i didn't see any oil leak so i think i should be fine.

now.. the fun part.

took my zzr for a spin around my neighborhood. definitely feels more powerful and responsive. the low end torque is great, this thing pulls with some serious force now.

as for power wheelies in first and second gear, i didn't try any because i wasn't fully geared up (just took a ride to the gas station a few blocks away) but i think it will def be easier to wheelie than it was before (if wheelies are your thing)

i ran 93 octane fuel before this mod anyway since the only grades available in my hood are 87, 89, and 93, and i do not hear any pinging or knocking from the engine.

this mod gets 2 thumbs up! for 60 bucks, it really gives you bang for the buck and my butt dyno agrees.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Factory-pro Ign Rotor Advancer- Rtr-kaw8902

Has anyone had any problems with detonation with the +4 advancer
using 91 octane in california, on there ZZR600 ?

(I uses Chevron gas)
Thinking about getting one ....... Just not sure.
My bike is stock ........ just YOSI-RS3 BOLT-ON- with stock air filter.

Thanks

·
5,547 Posts

·
WEIRD
93 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Another satisfied customer!

Got the package from Muzzy today and installed the new ignition rotor. Took about 30 minutes and a bit of elbow grease for the main bolt but easy job overall. Took her for a spin but nothing crazy and can definitely say I notice the difference without going WOT. Dropped the idle about 300 rpm back down to 1200 and I'm back to normal.

If you don't have an impact wrench for the retaining bolt, unless you have a buddy to hold down the brake I've heard putting it in 5th or 6th helps to keep it from rotating. As noted previously in this forum BE CAREFUL with the 6 bolts that secure the pickup coil cover, they will strip fairly easily. Luckily I didn't have to deal with that one. For anyone installing this mod without instructions DO NOT use locktite on the retaining bolt!

Besides all that probably one of the easiest and inexpensive performance mods to do for the ZZR. Now just waiting on levers and brake lines/pads :banana

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Texan, where did you buy your advancer from? I'm thinking to get one, but Dennis Kirk doesn't load for me at work. Thanks for the help.
Had to buy it directly from Muzzy unfortunately, but I opted for the adjustable one instead of the set factory pro one.

Muzzys adjustable advance ignition rotors $79.99

Factory Pro: Producers of the EC997 Low Inertia Eddy Current Dynamometer Series and Quality MC performance products $89.99 (site requires a little more digging in "online sales" section)

Unfortunately they both cost an arm and a leg now, but with the increased low end I thought it was worth it. 'Bout $100 when all is said and done with shipping, which is rediculous considering the part weighs nothing...

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
After waiting so long for my shipping information (tracking number) I contacted Factory Pro for an update. Turns out the +4 is discontinued? So I opted for the +6 (low/midrange) over the +2 (top end).

Anyone have any idea why they discontinued the +4?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ignition Advance +4

I am new to this forum could anyone please advise me where to find a +4 ignition advance for my 2008 ZZR600. I am in the process of doing some mods to my current stock bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+4 ignition advance

New to this forum and doing some mods to my stock 08 ZZR600, does anyone know where I can find a +4 ignition advance for my stock bike to perform this mod ?

·
5,547 Posts
461 - 480 of 480 Posts