Sport Bikes banner

441 - 460 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ignition advancer

Thanks for the info found what I was looking for cant wait to install it. Im trying to do all the work myself is the advancer EZ to install?
It is an easy install to do and only takes a short time to do it. It was the first thing I did to my 08 ZZR600 and it had a very noticable difference. Now I cannot wait to get my Yoshi exhaust to see if I notice another difference. Then Shim the carbs, New Air filter for increased flow(Stil undecided as to what brand) then who knows whats next. lol.

·
Rides (A) Naked
325 Posts
It is an easy install to do and only takes a short time to do it. It was the first thing I did to my 08 ZZR600 and it had a very noticable difference. Now I cannot wait to get my Yoshi exhaust to see if I notice another difference. Then Shim the carbs, New Air filter for increased flow(Stil undecided as to what brand) then who knows whats next. lol.
You will notice the exhaust, and even more so when you shim up the carbs or install a jet kit.

As for the air filter, I ran a BMC street filter in my ZZR. Easy to clean, perfect fit, and they are supposed to be one of the best.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmmm... bike wont start after install???

cranks but wont turn over...

put the old the one back in, it popped like a shotgun went off, almost started... but didn't. now its just cranking again.

WHAT DID I DO!!!!???????????

·
5,547 Posts
look at my cute lil thread, still going after all these years. How ya been rocket?
I'm doing great man, how's the Z1000 been treating you? When you going to join us for a Deals Gap trip?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
I'm doing great man, how's the Z1000 been treating you? When you going to join us for a Deals Gap trip?
Doing great buddy, my son was born last night, so I'm super stoked about that, the zed is great, no real new mods, just a few carbon fiber bits here and there! As for deals gap, I would love to, however I'm sure its out of the question with a fresh little boy! :banana

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
hmmm... bike wont start after install???

cranks but wont turn over...

put the old the one back in, it popped like a shotgun went off, almost started... but didn't. now its just cranking again.

WHAT DID I DO!!!!???????????
did you mess around with the tr*****'s pickup?

·
Registered
65 Posts
well after a couple hours i figured it out. I believe it was the perfect storm of temporary mental impairment and a couple other factors.

Somehow i managed to make it home from work last week on fumes (not reserve though). So to start i was low on gas (i was able to put 3.12 gallons in). After trying for 20 minutes and taking the thing apart 4 times i checked the gas and flipped it to reserve. Promptly killed the battery trying more and probably flooded it too. So before i kicked the dog out of frustration i left the garage and grabbed a bite to eat with the charger hooked up. came back and it started right up.

The test ride was... AWESOME. 1st and 2nd bent over the tank the front end feels very light on WOT. The front wheel doesn't come up easier but i think it does come up quicker if that makes sense. The best thing though is that matching the revs on downshifts is much smoother.

·
5,547 Posts
well after a couple hours i figured it out. I believe it was the perfect storm of temporary mental impairment and a couple other factors.

Somehow i managed to make it home from work last week on fumes (not reserve though). So to start i was low on gas (i was able to put 3.12 gallons in). After trying for 20 minutes and taking the thing apart 4 times i checked the gas and flipped it to reserve. Promptly killed the battery trying more and probably flooded it too. So before i kicked the dog out of frustration i left the garage and grabbed a bite to eat with the charger hooked up. came back and it started right up.

The test ride was... AWESOME. 1st and 2nd bent over the tank the front end feels very light on WOT. The front wheel doesn't come up easier but i think it does come up quicker if that makes sense. The best thing though is that matching the revs on downshifts is much smoother.
SO you were out of gas!:laugh:laugh :eek:nfloor

Oh if you get on her hard enough during acceleration the front tire will come off the ground in 1st and 2nd gear.

·
5,547 Posts
Doing great buddy, my son was born last night, so I'm super stoked about that, the zed is great, no real new mods, just a few carbon fiber bits here and there! As for deals gap, I would love to, however I'm sure its out of the question with a fresh little boy! :banana
Congrats man! When was he born? They grow up quick, my daughter turned 21 two weeks ago. Well one of these years when you get it all worked out, I hope you can join us for the riding trip. Thanks for popping in once in a while and adding your two cents:)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
????????any thoughts
Yes that would work, if the ZZR had that type of a pickup, the ZZR's is splined, not held in by screws. But you have peaked my intrests in checking out what style my Z has :banana Perhaps this week, when the baby and momma come home!

·
Rides (A) Naked
325 Posts
mine pops upon start up every so often as well. i do believe my first start up after the install popped. and yes its LOUD! :eek:nfloor still scares me sometimes. only cold start with choke.
Mine did that every now and then as well. Did it even after it was tuned. I think it might have something to do with how hot it was when it was shut-down from the previous ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just installed my IA last night and rode to work this morning.....lower RPMs feel like the power in the higher RPMs..... :) It did take me a while to get the 17mm bolt off, but it finally cracked.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
do u guys recoment a carb synch after installing it, mines on the way and im wondering if i should mess with the carbs after install?

441 - 460 of 480 Posts