Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dennis kirk lists them for our bikes, it advances the timing by 4 degrees, i think im gonna pick one up, they are only 60 bucks or so.

anyone else hear of this or maybe have one? since i only run 92+ octane i dont think i would run into detonation problems.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Eh, I'd be careful with that..

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Hmmm.. How much power does it give?

As long as you use 93, I think you would be ok.. but I'm no expert..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well nobody really knows, i imagine 1-4 whp isnt out of the question, its supposed to make the throttle response obsurdly crispy

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
I've got one somewhere that was given to me by my teammate.... haven't bothered to install it as I can't really reap the benefits w/o an exhaust.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like im gonna forgo the module and get the advancer, my local(ish) dennis kirk has one in stock, time for a good ride over there! (2 hrs)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
AWDimprezal said:
sounds like im gonna forgo the module and get the advancer, my local(ish) dennis kirk has one in stock, time for a good ride over there! (2 hrs)
Let us know how that works for ya, I was thinking about getting one myself.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
installation was a snap, take the right side of the fairing off, 6 bolts one 17 MM bolt on the crank bing bang boom, done, too bad its raining here, i did take it for a short ride, throttle response is pretty much instant, and if i whack the throttle in 3rd at lower RPM (4500) it will spin the tire (wet out) hopefully it will dry out for tomorrow and i'll ride it to work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
AWDimprezal said:
installation was a snap, take the right side of the fairing off, 6 bolts one 17 MM bolt on the crank bing bang boom, done, too bad its raining here, i did take it for a short ride, throttle response is pretty much instant, and if i whack the throttle in 3rd at lower RPM (4500) it will spin the tire (wet out) hopefully it will dry out for tomorrow and i'll ride it to work.
Let us know how its really running after it dries up and you get a real ride in.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i rode it to work today, like ive heard others say about it...it feels like i gained 100CCs, the low end torque is insane now, even laying over the tank it will pull the wheel up in 1st, it feels like its fuel injected the throttle response is so instant.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
AWDimprezal said:
i rode it to work today, like ive heard others say about it...it feels like i gained 100CCs, the low end torque is insane now, even laying over the tank it will pull the wheel up in 1st, it feels like its fuel injected the throttle response is so instant.
sweet thanks for the info... I think i will order one.

·
Rides (A) Naked
325 Posts
jacobm52 said:
i just checked out dennis kirk online and they didn't have any...can you get them anywhere else?
Actually they have 5 on hand. I just checked. Enter Part#200695.

It should pull up the Factory Pro # of RTRKAW8904.

·
Rides (A) Naked
325 Posts
No problem, now go get one. I rode AWD's bike today for a short trip....and it DOES make a difference.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Can you provide a bit more detail on the install?

1 - 20 of 480 Posts