Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
factory pro ignition advance rotor? Anyone have any experience with these? If they do what they claim then it sounds like it may be worth it

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
Why not spend the money becoming a better rider?

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
factory pro ignition advance rotor? Anyone have any experience with these? If they do what they claim then it sounds like it may be worth it
I installed one on my '03 Z1000. 4° timing advance. Very easy installation and it did provide a noticeable low/midrange performance boost. Nothing dramatic, but still noticeable. If you're not running premium fuel already you'll probably have to after the install.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have a mechanical ignition advancer in my Speed Triple, set to 5 degrees advance, and there is a noticeable increase in low and midrange torque. I have had a TuneBoy for a while that will advance it through the ECU, and have to incorporate the 5 degree + when creating tunes. Maybe the PC 3 has the same application?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not spend the money becoming a better rider?
Not quite sure what this has to do with becoming a better rider. it claims to give better low/midrange, and i was checking to see if anyone has installed one and if it did what it claimed.

thanks for the worthless post

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
It's not a worthless post. Unless you're racing at a fairly high level, you aren't getting all of what your bike can serve in stock form. Hence becoming a better rider.

edit: Sorry, Valentino. I didn't mean to insult you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not a worthless post. Unless you're racing at a fairly high level, you aren't getting all of what your bike can serve in stock form. Hence becoming a better rider.

edit: Sorry, Valentino. I didn't mean to insult you.

I try to become a better rider everyday, however getting more out of the low/midrange(which i see alot more of dealing in traffic than the higher ranges) would be a nice thing. sorry if i took your post the wrong way, just wanted to see if they do truely give you what they claim, because for 50 some bucks, it seems worth it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts