Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of embarrassing, but man if you could have been there....

I finally got my RC51 today. When I had by GSXR I would regularly ride with my right foot with the ball of my foot on the peg instead of the arch. I found out the hardway that the exhaust is in a little different location on my RC... I was sitting at a red light and admiring my bike. I looked back and there was some black gooo smoking on my exhaust.... I'm like... man what is smokin.... then it hit me... IT WAS ME THAT WAS SMOKING! The sole of my shoe was being melted by my exhaust. I could just imagine the people next to me looking at me and laughing... "Hey look, that guys shoe is smoking! Ha Ha Ha".... :eek:nfloor Anyways I think even if my shoe caught fire... there is no way you CANT look cool on an RC51.

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
:lao I've done that... .when my buddie from arizona comes to visit he doesn't have his own bike here (SV 650S), so he rented a H-D V-Rod, which is actually a pretty nice bike. He let me ride it for a bit and I forgot about those exhaust pipes coming out the sides, plus the different seating position and all. Needless to say I had a nice burning sensation in my right leg :urowned

Oh yea and congrats on the RC-51! Awsome bike!!! :D :dblthumb

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Yeup, that happened to me but no smoky for me. I felt that my heel was resting on something and immediately moved it back forward.

So how do you like her? Have you named it yet? All that you expected? Like being the envy of many when pulling up to a crowd of bikes? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I did the same thing awhile back, so don't feel bad

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Been there, done that.....a few times. It didn't stay on your pipe did it?

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
:lao

I havn't done that, but i have gotten off my bike, take my jacket off and lay it over my seat and walk away. I come back a few minutes later to see the arm melting into the exhaust. I still have a mark on my exhaust from it and my jacket is all melted where it was touching :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
My wife used to have that happen to her on her SV650 after we put different pipes on it. A buddy of ours made a bad assed looking little heat shield and welded it to the pipe - worked like a charm and looked great.

Dan

·
Registered
402 Posts
Technically, proper foot positioning is to use the balls of your feet. not the arches. Technically that is. . .

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hams51 said:
Yeup, that happened to me but no smoky for me. I felt that my heel was resting on something and immediately moved it back forward.

So how do you like her? Have you named it yet? All that you expected? Like being the envy of many when pulling up to a crowd of bikes? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)
The bike is everything I thought it would be and more! I cannot believe the acceleration and handling... I was on the freeway, cracked the throttle just a little bit and in a matter of seconds was at 110mph. I was only trying to pass someone up and on my gixxer I probably would have only been doing about 80-85.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OFFICER737 said:
Been there, done that.....a few times. It didn't stay on your pipe did it?
Yep... now I have a black goo mark on my right exhaust pipe... I will be trying to clean it off later today when my kids lay down for a nap.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
QWIK1 said:
Yep... now I have a black goo mark on my right exhaust pipe... I will be trying to clean it off later today when my kids lay down for a nap.

What I have done in the past is heat the pipe up enough to make it a little sticky then clean it with gloves on. When you get it down to just a little bit I have used Simple Green to clean the rest of it off. Though some may have a few other tricks that may work better.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
Actually, better way to get the goo off. Go to pepboys or autozone, or kragen and pick up something called "Bumper Sticker Remover". I got it for 99 cents. I was blackhousing my headlights on my car and had to tear the headlights apart and ended up getting EPOXY everywhere. If you've dealt with black epoxy from the headlight seals, there's almost absoletely no way to get it off. Nothing with soap, water, orange clean etc. But use the bumper sticker remover.. spray it on and leave it on for a couple minutes. And then scrub away. The goo will actually start to dissolve. I also used this to get rid of an outline made by goo from the removal of the Toyota emblem on the back of my car.

If you want something stronger, use "Goo Gone". Anything stronger than that will tear away at the paint (on a car). Bumper sticker remover is only 99 cents Good luck.

·
Registered
415 Posts
mine's a little bit different, i just got home after a nice day of riding, i put my bike in the garage and since there are 3 cars inside i just have a tiny space to put the bike, the thing is that my sis car was park close to the left wall, well i place my bike in the rigth side close to the wall then got of the bike to the rigth side since i have no space cause the wall......my leg got :urowned thank God for my 1969 coll gap jeans....LOL :banana :eek:nfloor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts