Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
damn such a nice machine too. all those nice mods. looks like the front end just slid out?

what were the hand signals his friend was giving in the begginning?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The most important thing in that video was the guy is alright. That looked like a bad wreck, and he was able to walk and around and film the aftermath OK.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Anyone else notice his plate. I wish I knew where in MD those roads are...

Jim, anything to add?

·
Registered
250 Posts
oober said:
Anyone else notice his plate. I wish I knew where in MD those roads are...

Jim, anything to add?
Just head up river road in potomac, up towards poolsville there are great roads. Lots near the annapolis area too.

Check out dcsportbikes.net

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Power2weight said:
Just head up river road in potomac, up towards poolsville there are great roads. Lots near the annapolis area too.

Check out dcsportbikes.net
Thanks for the response. Where in MD are you?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
If the people I'm riding with are much faster, and they don't want to wait for everyone at the stop signs...Then I just end up riding home by myself...

·
Registered
775 Posts
well, hopefully a lesson learned and without any major injuries...

NO his front end didn't slide out. I looks like he just ran wide...something all of us have probably done before. Watch his tach...he wasn't rolling on the thottle and probably target fixated right where he ended up crashing. I bet this would have been prevented by continuing to look through the turn, LEANING!, and staying smooth on the throttle...or just not riding over his head.

But again at least he was alright. Shame on his buddies for not "pulling" him along at a reasonable pace. I have been with a few new riders up in the twisties and one of us in the group always plays trainer and sets a reasonable pace. Otherwise it is just too easy for a new rider to get involved in the catch up game.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
he just overcooked the corner.. I think it was target lock, because he had more lean angle to give it, but he just drifted off the road onto the shoulder.. He didnt know how to ride that fast, because from watching the video, his lines through the corner were WAYYYY off.. Crossed the center line coming out of the 2nd corner, which put him in a bad line for the third corner..
Glad he looked okay, but that was an expensive lesson.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
IMPerfection said:
I bet he was wearing his "OHSHITFACE" all the way off the road. :eek:nfloor
OHFACE. That's priceless.

What's up with the whole, "Wear your gear message" at the end of the clip? That really wasn't the morale of the story now was it?

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
What a loser, how the fuck do you wreck like that? Just another clown with no clue on a new litre bike. See his license plate "OHFACE", I bet he showed his 'oh face' as he was over cooking that turn. I don't think he lost the front, he just couldn't get that bitch leaned over. He's lucky he didn't do that on a right-hander and cross into oncoming traffic.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
What a loser, how the fuck do you wreck like that? Just another clown with no clue on a new litre bike.
600CC Super Sport, but the point still stands. Looks like he had enough lean left, but then straightened out... prob. freaking out when his lean got low.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
What a loser, how the fuck do you wreck like that? Just another clown with no clue on a new litre bike. See his license plate "OHFACE", I bet he showed his 'oh face' as he was over cooking that turn. I don't think he lost the front, he just couldn't get that bitch leaned over. He's lucky he didn't do that on a right-hander and cross into oncoming traffic.
incorrect corner entry position for the amount of entry speed. he exited the right hand turn and drifted over to the left hand side of the lane. he was in too tight for the left hand turn and should have brake more to decrease his entrance speed. he tried to brake but couldn't brake and turn fast enough and went straight through the turn locking the front tire once it left the pavement.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
What a loser, how the fuck do you wreck like that?
Do you realize you called more than half the people on SBN losers? Most guys on bikes have gone down, and chances are someday you will too if you havent already. Cut the guy some slack.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
bugeyed said:
Do you realize you called more than half the people on SBN losers? Most guys on bikes have gone down, and chances are someday you will too if you havent already. Cut the guy some slack.
yeah, Dude!!! you hurt my feewings and i want an apology, Magnum. i'm gonna go cry if you don't, Dude. :a2

·
Registered
813 Posts
and so much for frame sliders! A lot of good THAT did.. :) j/k

glad he's ok.. expensive lesson..

1 - 20 of 84 Posts