Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me: pants, boots, helmet, gloves, and a leather
Friend: pants, boots, helmet, gloves and a leather

some guy who wanted to ride WITH US: running shorts, flip flops, no shirt, no shoes, and a helmet.

WHY DO STUPID PEOPLE TRY RIDING WITH ME!!!!!!?????!!!!!! :squid

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
pmoney said:
no its not even about that im just sick of idiots!!!

Wait untill you turn 40 and look back at all the stupid things you've seen people do..........It'll make your head hurt

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
how the hell do you ride in flip flops?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yesterday and today was fairly warm in Chicago and I rode both days in full leathers. I was stuck in traffic yesterday and could just feel the eyeballs staring at me (till I turned my head at them..lol). Anyway I had some Tuff-Guy on his chopper ride next to me 2up for about thirty seconds staring and pointing for the benefit of his passenger. He just nodded his head in disgust and rode off on his pig. Admittedly I was jealous since he definitely had to be cooler in the hog vest and glasses than I was (As well as a few sportbike riders I saw riding sans gear). To each his own........

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
bro they need an idiol!! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
260 Posts
saw girl riding 250 kaw. the other day,shorts upher but,halter top,no gloves and sandels,but she did have helmet....................

·
Registered
966 Posts
pmoney said:
me: pants, boots, helmet, gloves, and a leather
Friend: pants, boots, helmet, gloves and a leather

some guy who wanted to ride WITH US: running shorts, flip flops, no shirt, no shoes, and a helmet.

WHY DO STUPID PEOPLE TRY RIDING WITH ME!!!!!!?????!!!!!! :squid
Why do you ride with stupid people is the correct question.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
if I ever did that I would write IDIOT across my back so everyone can get a real laugh, and not just the riders.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Heres an idea!! Instead of slamming the guy behind his back why not try and educate him?

·
Registered
124 Posts
21 natas said:
how the hell do you ride in flip flops?

I've done it before. Riding around campus, I live literally right across the street and the speed limit is 20 so not much chance of dying. Still maybe not the wisest decision......but it can be done.

·
Registered
966 Posts
seca2r6 said:
I've done it before. Riding around campus, I live literally right across the street and the speed limit is 20 so not much chance of dying. Still maybe not the wisest decision......but it can be done.
Yea not a chance of dying, but I wonder what 30 grit sandpaper would feel like at 20mph against your toes, and if you live literally right across the street then why ride the bike...or maybe your a :squid poser.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Why didn't you ride with him?? could it be that maybe he handles his bike better? Maybe you could have talked to him after a few miles and he might recognize the safety in wearing gear...I don't turn anyone away from riding unless they are dangerous...If I never spoke to people who did stupid sh it...I couldn't even talk to myself...

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
bumblebee makes a great point. We should all try to educate riders in need of guidance. Making fun of them might be funny, but doesn't really do anyone any good. We are like a neglected fraternity that has to look out for it's own members or no one will. Next time take the initiative and help an idiot out. Good for him, good for you and good for our sport!

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
I've tried to educate riders that don't wear gear, and we had success with one guy.. It's great now whan he shows up in gear!!

But most think that they're never going to have an incident, and aren't willing to change, so I just don't ride with them. I don't mind tending to an injured rider who goes down while he's prepared for it, but don't want to increase the chances I'll have to tend to one who contributed to his own injuries by not wearing gear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts