Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading another thread on a board and they mentioned something that's funny sometimes and sometimes it's scary.
when you're riding along and a big ass bug smacks you in the lid, sometimes it can throw my head right back and makes me lose sight of the road for a sec, plus if you have your visor open it hurts like a bitch when one of em hits you in the nose.
I was riding with a cruiser guy awhile back and we were rounding this bend and the dude gets nailed right in the facesheild with a sparrow! almost knocked him off the road. not to mentions rocks and other such debris.
so tell me what kind of experiences have you guys had?

oh yeah i forgot, i need gloves! i came around this corner and rode through a huge swarm of bees! killed about 12,000 of em but one of them managed to sting me in the hand. stuff hurts when you're going 65- he basically embedded the last half of his body into my hand. bah!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I once got hit in the face sheild by a five pound Egret (large white bird). The bird broke the sheild mechanism off and cracked the chin and brow vents on my Shoei Scott Russel replica helmet. I had a black eye and a claw went through my Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and stuck in my shoulder.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i think it was a bug that smacked me on my nuckle & dam that hurt

·
Registered
457 Posts
GIXXERERIC said:
I once got hit in the face sheild by a five pound Egret (large white bird). The bird broke the sheild mechanism off and cracked the chin and brow vents on my Shoei Scott Russel replica helmet. I had a black eye and a claw went through my Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and stuck in my shoulder.
you must have been really flying :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had a large rock fall off a gravel truck and hit me at about 70. Did nothing to my textile jacket but I had a good sized cut and a bruise up and down my arm. Also one time I had a wasp (I believe) fly up my jacket and sting me right near my elbow. That hurt so bad and I smacked my arm that I almost lost it. I was only about 100 yards from home only doing 15 mph on the trailer park roads and its a good thing too. By the time I got home my arm felt like it was huge.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I took a bird in the chest while accelerating to get on the interstate. Feathers and blood exploded all over and it hurt bad. The dead bird landed in my lap and I did everything I could short of crashing to shake it off. I got home and walked in the door and my wife thought I had an accident from all the blood. I still have feathers stuck in the vents of my helmet.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
this didnt really hurt but i got hit by a Mcdonalds chees burg. that some one in a car threw out in front of me

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
I've been hit by more bugs than I can remember...Big enough to leave whelps on my neck once or twice...Also had a buzzard do a fly by inches from my head...That was, well, scary as sh**!!

·
Moto GP Champion
505 Posts
I had a bee hit me in the neck which stung a little he was a fat lil bastard, what I didn't know is that it had fallen down my vanson and under my tee shirt. I made it about an 1/8 of a mile when the little bugger stung me right on the stomach. I looked pretty funny on the side of the road stripping my clothes off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I spent so much time Dining at the Y that I have powerful, ungodly neck muscles.

Giant peregrine hawks have yet to make me flinch as they smack into my tree trunk of a head stalk.

Moral of the story? Eat more p**ntang, your neck gets tougher, and your helmet gets lighter, and your woman gets happier.

·
Registered
205 Posts
LightWeaver said:
I spent so much time Dining at the Y that I have powerful, ungodly neck muscles.

Giant peregrine hawks have yet to make me flinch as they smack into my tree trunk of a head stalk.

Moral of the story? Eat more p**ntang, your neck gets tougher, and your helmet gets lighter, and your woman gets happier.
:2fingers Best post ever

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Wow, I can't even share any REAL experience here. I don't get hit by birds. Just the regular little bugs. It's funny when you run through the lightning bugs though. They splat on your visor and glow for about a minute. :p

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I had a hub cap fly off a car on the other side of a divided highway come flying at me. Ducked it though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol just yesterday right as i pull out of my neighborhood i'm getting up to the speed limit just about to put my windscreen down i got a pretty big mosquito or something in my eye and it still hurts like hell i dont know how the guys with no lids do it. even with shades on getting hit all over the face would have to hurt.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have noticed, bugs have uncanny aim when I have my visor up, they have yet to miss my eyes, almost always my left eye, every time I have ever been hit by a critter, it hits me in the eye, you would think the law of averages would say at least sometimes it would hit me somewhere else.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I've only been hit by average bugs, nothing outrageous. Some larger ones have really hurt even through leather. Got hit in the neck a few times which really stung. I can't imagine not wearing gear that covers everything. When I look at the bug splats on my helmet, visor, jacket, pants, gloves, and boots, I am thankful that they didn't hit me without that protetection.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I hit a buzzard about a year ago with my windscreen and helmet and the bastard didn't even die, just crapped everywhere.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I was riding fast-paced, slightly curvy roads in open Iowa countryside last year and we embarked upon a 2-3 mile stretch of road that was straight, fairly flat, and we could see for miles. I opened my bike up to about 150mph when a damn black bird flew across the road and smacked right into my right wrist. I wasn't wearing my gloves at the time because I was riding with my 3rd Generation iPod whose controls don't work if you've got gloves on.

The bird struck my wrist with such force my whole arm went numb. Bird guts splattered everywhere; on my jacket, visor, bike. I liquified that damn creature.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I had a bee sting me about 2 inches from my groin...talk about freaking out...almost dropped the bike. Thought that bitch was a wasp and was homing in. I swatted so hard, about ruptured myself. Bike almost leaned over...girl beside me cracking up thinking I'm a maniac. And I get lightheaded when I get stung so I had to haul ass to my friends house before I passed out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts