Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to buy a tank bag and this one is the one I am leaning towards. I want something that can go mobile with a backpack and I like the helmet carrying feature a lot.

How do you like it?

Long term wear issues?

Does it attach well to the tank?

How much does it hold?

What did you pay for yours and where did you get it?

Any other comments?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd also like to know...so post up people! Thanks.

·
Drag Race Superstar
63 Posts
superbiker said:
I have been looking to buy a tank bag and this one is the one I am leaning towards. I want something that can go mobile with a backpack and I like the helmet carrying feature a lot.

How do you like it?

Long term wear issues?

Does it attach well to the tank?

How much does it hold?

What did you pay for yours and where did you get it?

Any other comments?

Thanks in advance
I like it alot. I have had it for over a year and still looks brand new. It has 4 magnets at the corners to hold it down and I haven't had problems with it even moving. It has a strap to wrap around the neck of the bike just in case but I like to ride with it turned around the other way. Holds alot of stuff. It will even hold a helmet if you want to carry an extra around for the passenger. I don't remeber what I paid for it but Slava from flatout will probably give you the hook up. Look in the vendor section or the links at the top of the page for flatout. You might try kneedraggers and newenough also. I would make sure your take is nice a clean before you lay it on it because it does wiggle a little and could likely scratch the tank if its dirty.

·
Registered
522 Posts
interesting, I'm not a big fan of Icon but I would consider buying one of these if I could see what it looks like on a bike.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Had mine about 4 months. Magnets hold just fine (the magnets were placed upside-down in some causing them not to stick). Plenty of space. Backpack and helmet holder function were the kicker for me. The both work great and come in extremely handy. Fit and finish are good. Surprises me with how much it can hold.

Picked it up from Kneedraggers. Don't remember the price but it was great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently got one from kneedraggers for around $80. From what I have seen so far, I am very pleased. In tankbag mode it is very sturdy with the four magnets, seems to hold on very good. I haven't carried any major heavy loads yet. Just stuff I need for work. It is really small and compact, but plenty big for commuting around town. The only down side I see is that to backpack straps become connected to plastic loops at the bottom, they may not hold up well with heavy items. By "heavy" I mean like 4 huge college books.

I really enjoy the versatility and hands free operation when you're walking. I don't have any pics yet of it on my bike. But it looks very compact and sleek(I got the black one). Definitely not an eyesore.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone looking for a versatile tankbag for everyday commuting. Hope this helps you guys. :cool:

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
DOes it prevent you from moving your handlebars lock-to-lock?

A TourMaster that my roommate kept on his ST did--replaced it (With another TourMaster, heh) for that very reason.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Very slightly if any. Not enough to be concerned with.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
it doesn't interfere with the turning, except since it is sticking up from the tank it might be kind of awkward at first depending on where your arms are. but i like mine, it has a clear top pocket for maps too.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Ok...
Question...
In the bottom compartment (MP3/CD)
There is a sort of net with draw string...
What does that do? The "net" doesn't seem to attach to anything

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I really like mine. I use it on the S4 constantly. Can't answer about the net thing in the MP3/CD area though. I have had it about two or three months now and it has shown no wear at all. I have not used the backpack features or the helmet carrier feature yet (I am afraid I would put the helmet in incorrectly and it would fall out.) The only downside to it is that it really isn't expandable and I don't think that it is waterproof- although it will stand up to a light shower.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My gf uses this as a backpack

edit// found a pic....lol

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts