Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Icon Recon Pants? I am wondering if anyone else is as disappointed as I am? My first problem was the sizing. Icons pants are a physically a size smaller than they are label as. (my wife bought a pair of icon pants and had the same problem). I had to send them back for a size larger.

Then after having worn them 10 times (give or take a time), they started falling apart. The stitching started coming undone. mostly by the zipper.

on a positive note- these pants are comfortable to wear when it is hot. The elastic part acts like a vent.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
That sucks. I can't say I've ever really heard anything too positive about Icon stuff.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If they're falling apart after VERY LITTLE wear I can only imagine how they would hold up if you went down! You're lucky you know NOW that these pants are no good, rather than finding out too late. I have not heard good things about Icon either. I hear from the women riders that their Icon pants don't provide adequate protection- Blndebmbr or Hawker are the two people I would trust for advice on which brand gear works best... try pm'ing one of them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
In my mind Icon stuff really seems to be geared towards looking good before offering good protection in a crash. Not what you want.

Theres a reason people refer to Icon stuff as "Poser Gear"

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the Icon TiMax textile pants and I've found that the build quality is pretty decent. Although I find the sizes to run on the larger side myself. I think they're about a size b***** than they should be.

Anyways, I do remember that when I was ordering pants from New Enough, they had discontinued the Recon line. If I remember correctly, it was because of extreme size variation and poor quality. So you're not the first person to discover this. When suppliers are pulling some of your clothing while still offering other items, you know you've got a problem.

And I will pan New Enough here. Their write-ups are extremely helpful, and their sizing charts and comments are pretty accurate. Plus you can return items and receive larger/smaller sizes at only the cost of shipping. Take a look at some of the stuff and read their write-ups, even if you decide to purchase somewhere else.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts