Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
---SNIPER---
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know there have been small comments made here and there, and I'm not sure if too many people picked up on it. Those of you who I talk to on a regular basis already know what happened. So here it goes.

Many of you know I went to the track on Saturday the 17th with Ltown, Pimp636, 321CYA and some others. Just put on my new sharskins plastics, (not painted yet), new vortex adj. rearsets, (lock-tite hasn't even hardened).

Made it through the first session getting used to the new bike etc. Felt really good, no problems planning on having a great day and dropping lap times. Felling ready to administer some :spank . Second session comes about and pimp, Ltown and I started near the back to get some practice working our way to the front. Well I think we decided to get to the front on the first lap, not really, but there was some really slow people. Second lap of the second session pimp and I are carving through. We come up to T-14,(right hander leading to the front straight), Pimp goes through on the inside, I decide to go through on the inside also. I am running a really tight line and coming in hot, not out of control hot, just hot and plenty capable of making it stick. No rear wheel chatter or nothing!

Theres a guy I come on the inside of, get just about right up next to him and then it doesn't appear he is moving too much, get on the brakes a little harder and figure he will make some room and we will go through together. By this time I appeared to have broke harder which he moved forward a little more then dipped it in. This is where it all happens. He dips it back in, after we have already stood them up once, but when he does, this time the rear of his bike takes out my front end. We make a good contact, it stands my bike up straight and throws me off the bike back across the track. :cry

So I land on my head, then tail bone and slide across the track covering up cuz I think the bike is gonna fall on me or something. I slide off the track and onto the gravel or dirt, combination of both. I watch the bike come to rest a couple feet next to me on its side. The only pain I felt was coming from my left foot big toe. It was hurting like crazy. But the rest of me was OK.

I went over to the bike to pick it up and keep riding, when I noticed the rear rim had an enormous dent in it. That sux!!! :boid I see the pimp come back around, I give him the signal I'm ok and the bike is not. I pick the bike up and wait on the wrecker!!!

The only damage other than cosmetic, is a broken clutch lever, clutch reservoir, rear rim, bar end and the back plastic of my meter guages. Got her back to the pits she fires right up and shoots rocks out of the exhaust, from the tumbling I presume. All is good though.

Leathers and gloves held up great, thought I broke my toe but just smashed it real good i think. Tail bone hurts pretty good but I walked away in good shape. Rode one of the next session's on 321CYA's R6, and ran some of the sprint race on Evan's R1.

I figure when you eat it you have to get back on the horse. I can't wait to go back for redemption. Anyways,thanks to the guys for helping out and for allowing me to ride their bikes on the track. These guys have alot of faith and trust in me. Thanx guys.

As for the guy I got tangled up with, he came over and said it was him and that he thought he had more room. I told him it was no biggie, price of doing business. I could certainly be somewhat to blame for running up on the inside for really no other reason other than to maintain contact with the front runners, (in a practice session) but how else to you work on getting faster? :dunno Can't just cruise around all the time. Oh well. The other guy never went down and everyone is OK.

So, I dropped off the plastics to get them fixed and ordered all the parts with the exception of the rim. shoud have that sometime next week. Those things are hard to come buy, unless you have $620.00 dollars lying around. I think I found some other applications though, I believe a 954 and 600 rr rim will work. But the 600 is only 5.5 in width vs. 6in for the 1000.

Pimpsgirl has the pix, I will call her tomorrow and have her upload them all.
I'll be back very soon, yes, very soon :devil

CYA
Shawn

·
Registered
312 Posts
X Optio 1 said:
So, I dropped off the plastics to get them fixed and ordered all the parts with the exception of the rim. shoud have that sometime next week. Those things are hard to come buy, unless you have $620.00 dollars lying around.
A new rim should run between $400-$450

·
Registered
470 Posts
Glad you made it out in one piece and unhurt. Good thing you jumped back on the saddle and rode another sessions and the sprint race :headbang Let me know if you need help putting the bike back together. We have the rest of the CCC season waiting for us. :2devil

·
Registered
54 Posts
I heard something about that on Sunday. Didnt know it was you. I was there Sunday with the guy next to yous on the Radioactive NEON yellow 636.
Sunday we were chatting with Chaz...cool guy...and fast.

Glad you didnt get banged up to bad...and the bikes good too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Glad you're ok! Gotta love the fact you jumped right back in the saddle again!

·
Registered
259 Posts
MAN JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.....IT WILL BEE ALL GOOD....

iF YOU NEED ANYMORE HELP, JUST GIVE ME A HOLLA....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap, however you are handling it in the best way!

I'm currious as what type of boots you were wearing and do you know or have an idea of what happened to your toe to cause the injury?

You'll be back and better than before in no time! Its the price we pay for the game we play. Fun isn't it? :)

How did the sharkskins hold up, just minor damaged to the fiber glass? Did the bike end up just low siding, or did it flip some? Lets see the photos! Atleast they weren't painted already!

Cya out at the track hopefully in the near future!

·
---SNIPER---
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The boots I was wearing were Teknic. Can't remember which ones, but they are great boots. I think I may have gotten my foot under my peg or his peg or something. It just completely smashed my toe. Waiting for the toe nail to fall off right now. My teknic leathers did GREAT! Same for the gloves. No road rash, scratches or anything.

Yes, the bike did flip, it appears only once. I think it flipped forward and hit the rim and Jardine exhaust then slid the rest of the way on the left side. Almost no damage on the right side.

As for the Sharskins, they are really good quality but in this case they broke pretty good, my fault for not having the sliders on which would have minimized alot of the damage.

Cya

·
Skerd To Ride
470 Posts
Hey man I am glad the damage is not as bad as we thought it was initially. Anyways no problem on the help, let me know if you need any help or anything. As for the riding we need go out their again. so let me know when!

Mobuis

·
Registered
109 Posts
X Optio 1 said:
The boots I was wearing were Teknic. Can't remember which ones, but they are great boots. I think I may have gotten my foot under my peg or his peg or something. It just completely smashed my toe. Waiting for the toe nail to fall off right now. My teknic leathers did GREAT! Same for the gloves. No road rash, scratches or anything.

Yes, the bike did flip, it appears only once. I think it flipped forward and hit the rim and Jardine exhaust then slid the rest of the way on the left side. Almost no damage on the right side.

As for the Sharskins, they are really good quality but in this case they broke pretty good, my fault for not having the sliders on which would have minimized alot of the damage.

Cya
Good to hear that it is relatively just cosmetic stuff. Except for the wheel. Man 1 wheel can cost as much as an entire set of body work! The sliders would def. help somewhat in preventing some of the cracking of the bodywork. Fiberglass is easy to work with though...

At least you did not just get them painted! That was my biggest fear when I went to Jennings after just getting my new skinz painted... Then I told myself WTF, I'm here to ride, not pose. I have much admiration for those of us who go down and get right back on and keep going. I can name quite a few... Hell, I've seen a few literally do just that.

Remeber when Kenny had a mishap, came to a stop on a barbwire fence! Got back on the blackbird and left on 1 wheel! Hah... I've seen Rob take a couple spills and get right back on, and many, many others... I remember my first spill at jennings, it was great. I felt like such a huge load was lifted off my shoulders and proceded to ride faster and better, and fall a couple more times!!! :flipa

Let us know what wheel you end up getting and if it works good on the back of the 1000rr! Remember to get some pics of the wreckage and then some of when its fixed, before and after shots are good!

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Yo X, sorry to have heard bout your wreck but glad that nothing major happened to ya. Wish yo toe nail a speedy recovery :lol and Im sure we'll see ya soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts