Sport Bikes banner

I wonder....

1K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Mykl 
Chauncey said:
I remember reading from Motorcyclist magazine that the big Gixxer was supposed to be King Shit of the literbikes, but on this board it SEEMS as if there's no love for it. What's up? Perhaps this stems from Rossi switching to Yammy?

I'm seriously rethinking my decision of getting a Suzuki literbike when the time comes. Anyways, let me hear some opinions. TIA!!
Son, any of these bikes is SO FAR above your abilities... So WhoTF cares???
If you're going to judge, or buy, a bike based on what Rossi rides or which one is .012 sec quicker
with a certain rider aboard, or which way the headlights or exhaust are stacked...
then you have no business even contemplating such a purchase.

For the record - the current 1k Gixxer is two years old right now. It is more than competitive
with the brand new designs.
It weighs much less than the R1 or 1000RR, (just a few ticks more than the 10R...)
Stomps them in roll-ons and mid-range torque! (That's where you ride on the street...)
It's right there in the pack in top-end power, too.
And it does just fine against them all on the track, thank you very much. Stock or modified...
Besides, the most important performance feature on these bikes is... THE RIDER!

The other three liter bikes are brand new designs... It took them awhile to catch up. :twofinger

If you simply must have the 'Latest and Greatest Sportbike Ever!' get used to buying a new bike every year or two.

While the R1 may be among the best looking Jap sportbikes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Don't fool yourself, non of them holds a candle to the MV.

BTW Suzuki and Kawasaki will not be sharing any design achitecture between their GSXR and ZX lines.

Chauncey said:
Literbikes are above my abilities? Really? No kidding? j/k...I know they are, but most likely my skills will improve enough to extract the most these bikes have to offer.
Oh really??? I'll have to alert Valentino you're coming.... :lol :flipa

the great ESKIMO said:
nice bike! what color? now all ya gotta do is throw a good ole D&D on there!lol :twofinger
lol Eskimo, that is one of the greatest avatars ever!

Ahh shucks, nobody's bitchin'! Yeah, they did claim the redesign improved the ram air efficiency
by moving the tracts closer together and nearer the highest pressure area. Whatever...
I saw a test somewhere that measured the benefits of all the ram air setups.
Turns out the original Kaw ZX7R ram air system, like in your avatar, was the most efficient.
Go figure... They do build aircraft as well.
They all built some amount of positive pressure, and hp, above a given speed.

It's more likely a marketing deal. Keeping the design fresh looking for as long and as cheaply as possible.

In Suzuki's case, at least it doesn't look like any of the others... well there is that 'busa family resemblance.

Maybe a sign of too much inbreeding. :D

Even as a Suzuki owner, I have to agree with the last two posts...
Suzuki has had some unusual styling over the years, to say the least...
And so has Yamaha, Kawasaki and Honda.

To each his own. I like the looks of my Gixxer.
Of course, I had to de-badge and de-sticker most of it to get it looking as smooth and clean as possible.

Look at the other bikes... Bits and pieces and parts tacked on here and there and everywhere...

And as for the headlight assembly, I have taken a liking to it personally.
It's different. Reminds me of an old streamlined steam or diesel locomotive.

Or the stacked headlights on a '67 Ford Galaxy 500 GT.

Unless you're riding an MV Agusta F4, or a Ducati 748/916-998, looks probably aren't your bike's strongest point.

firefighter81 said:
That is a beautiful headlight, and it works with the bike. The headlight on the 03+ GSXR1000's does not work with the rest of the bike, the 02 headlight would work much better on the 03+ bodystyle.
Of course it's a beauty. Nicer than the cheshire cat grin on the '02s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.