Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked at all the years z 1000
the only one i liked is the 03-06 , it is really a naked street fighter. in 07 kawa went nuts. took away about 15 HP. then they hung more plastic on it for what reason i do not know.
the 2010 is a good bike but i still do not like all the plastic added on. the looks just do not work for me.
looks are a personal thing, i am sure somebody thinks the 03-06 look bad.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've really been digging on the Z1000 lately. Been looking at all sorts of them online, trying to find a good deal on a used one. I like the early models, like you said, more of a true naked, but alot of the components seem crap - mainly things like pegs, kickstand, etc... just all bulky junky stuff. They could have sourced better parts from the parts bin of the zx-10 or something. And what was up with those exhausts?!?!?

I REALLY like the 2010 model, but I almost think they went too far with the whole angular/transformers look. Like, did they really need to bolt angular plastic fork guards down the entire length of the fork? And I dont think those can even be removed since it looks to be part of the front fender too. I dunno... I still may end up getting one anyway. Would be super bad-ass had they made it with a single-sided swing arm.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love my 2004, just picked it up last week. I personally love the look of the stock exhaust, just not the sound. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it.

Here's mine:

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Personally I love the 2010 Z1000, at least in photos. I have not actually seen one at my local dealer, and I think I would be afraid to see / sit on one right now, cause I know I'd want to trade either the ZZR or the Ninja on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts