Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally decided to go with the high mount Micron slip on for my '03 GSX-R1000. For those of you that are trying to decide on a pipe for your bike, here is a pic to give you an idea of how it looks. It sounds great. It is a little "throatier" than most and sounds best in the power band. It is not quite as loud or as wraspy as the Yosh.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking pipe

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
looks good,,, check into blue rim stipes, that'd look sweet

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is cool I am thinking about going with that similiar pipe for my CBR 954RR but in the black to red fade to also match the bike. It did come with a kit to retain the passenger pegs correct? I think that the wife would beat me if she couldn't ride.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Nice pipe, I looked into Micron myself and love their faded colors. Unfortunately on the R1 with the underseat pipes you really don't see much of the front of the can. Plus I was looking for pure performance benefits. But that is a sweet pipe and bike... Ride On !!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
perkdaddy69 said:
That is cool I am thinking about going with that similiar pipe for my CBR 954RR but in the black to red fade to also match the bike. It did come with a kit to retain the passenger pegs correct? I think that the wife would beat me if she couldn't ride.
Yes it came with the spacers for the passenger pegs. I just don't have them on the bike in that picture. I took the hight mount bracket and had it powder coated black for a little better blend. A word of caution to anyone who elects to go with the high mount from Micron. Once you recieve your package do a parts check before you start the install. Make sure to lay the parts out and make sure they are all there before you start the install. Micron forgot to send me the high mount bracket. I already had everything off the bike and had to quickly fabricate a bracket. I don't have those kind of resources in my garage. I called my dealer they contacted Micron and new parts were sent out. Guess what...........wrong year. I called Micron and the parts guy literally argued with me over wether a bracket for an '02 would fit my '03. He insisted they were the same. I finally persuaded him to look at the book and take note that '03 was a transition year for my bike and the '02 bracket is not the same. They finally sent the right parts I recieved them 8 weeks after my install.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nevrsumr22 said:
Looks cool. Had the exact same one on my R6.
Looks good.........how does it sound? Is it as throaty on yours as it is on mine?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got_1 said:
looks good,,, check into blue rim stipes, that'd look sweet
I was actually thinking about going with one of these. I am thinking #1 or #2. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Did you do the install youself? About how long did it take?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
gixxer27519 said:
Did you do the install youself? About how long did it take?
It should have only taken about 30 min. It really is an easy install if you have the right install kit. Unfortunately, I had some problems getting the stock mid-pipe off. I had to do some major surgery to get it off. Let's just say it will never be the same nor will it ever go back on. I also got the wrong install package so I had to fabricate a bracket to hang the high mount. Like I said I destroyed the mid-pipe getting it off so I had no choice but to install the new pipe. With all the problems, the wrong package and fabricating a new bracket it took about 4 hrs. Way too long should have paid the dealer to do it and saved the headache.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Looks really awesome..i really want that for my bike too

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
perkdaddy69 said:

I love the sound and the fade, here is the can that you are looking for. This is an F4i tho. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey does that red/black fade come with a midpipe and all the hardware needed for install?

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
BrownRob said:
Hey does that red/black fade come with a midpipe and all the hardware needed for install?
Yup, the mid pipe, and the mounting brackets.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
344 Posts
first things first, i really love the exhaust, it goes great with your bike, the fade looks awesome. and for the rims i would go with number 2 because the silver around the outer edge of the blue looks really nice and give it a little bit of contrast on the bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts