Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,390 Posts
Matt, have I told you you're a crazy bastard!! :twofinger Cool pics! What route did you take?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake said:
Matt, have I told you you're a crazy bastard!! :twofinger Cool pics! What route did you take?
ummm. Clockwise? :lol


Here's an idea.

You'll notice the little detour we took when we got to Duluth. Instead of going straight up 61 we made it a little longer by riding 53 up to hwy 1 which goes to Ely, MN. I have been told that hwy 1 from Ely to the lake is the best road in the state. I chose not to take that road last time I had the chance due to severe weather so we tried again. It is a wonderful road.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Hwy 1 is a great road. I was just riding up in that area last weekend. Beautiful scenery to go along with the great roads.
Next time you're up there, stop at Lutsen Mountain and do the Alpine Slide. It's a blast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oso said:
Next time you're up there, stop at Lutsen Mountain and do the Alpine Slide. It's a blast.
What is Alpine Slide?

Can I do that while I ride? Cannn't stooopp riding. Mussst keeep riding. :D

My total miles per hour average goes down when I stop riding so I don't know if I can stop for that. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
crazy man.....looks like a blast though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
how are the canadian roads to ride on?

I'm also curioius as to if you have ever hooked up your GPS to Streets and Trips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
What? No breakfast in Saskatoon this time round Matt?
jesse
PS Next time you need tyres on the SV try the Avons. Nice grip , stable ride, great in the wet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Geez- I never take my bike on long trips because I think it'll be too boring. What do you do for hours and hours while riding a bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
ibjames said:
I think I've put on that many miles this whole summer.. not even that many miles :(
You need to call me to ride biznatch.....I never hear from you any more since you are Mr. Travels-A-Lot...

I'm gonna have a date with your Girlfriend this week too...I miss her as well.

Cj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
we need to get together soon.. I agree..

The main reason of my lack of miles is because I don't ride long distances anymore to work or to see anyone.. I live in the same city.. so all the distances have been cut in half or more.. oh well.. I like short rides better anyway :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
ibjames said:
we need to get together soon.. I agree..

:)
Another jammie party with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cheetos???

LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mykrowsy said:
how are the canadian roads to ride on?

I'm also curioius as to if you have ever hooked up your GPS to Streets and Trips.
They're nice. TC17 around lake Superior is the main road. That said, it's still not very busy. Most of people on that road were either other motorcyclists or trucks pulling camper trailers. It's not very twisty but the views are awesome.

Speed limit on hwy 17 was 90kmh(57mph) most of the way. I don't know what they let Americans get away with up there so we did a pace of 95-100 kph. This was ok though because you don't want to miss the views.

I have never hooked up my Garmin Emap to Streets and trips. I believe only certain gps units are compatible with Microsoft's mapping program. I didn't use the gps much anyways. I just kept the big lake to the right of me :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Captal said:
Geez- I never take my bike on long trips because I think it'll be too boring. What do you do for hours and hours while riding a bike?
I enjoy the feeling of complete freedom. Just me, the bike, the road, and nature to deal with. I take in the sights and smells of things I pass by.

I never take my car on long trips because I think it'll be too boring. What do you do for hours and hours while driving a car? I would feel too enclosed and out of touch with the outside surroundings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ibjames said:
I get complacent on longer trips and find myself day dreaming.. I would get nervous doing that on a bike..
Maybe you should not ride a motorcycle or drive a car on long trips. You should probabally take a bus or go on a plane instead. Perhaps you have A.D.D. and should get the proper meds. :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
FZ1 Matt said:
I enjoy the feeling of complete freedom. Just me, the bike, the road, and nature to deal with. I take in the sights and smells of things I pass by.

I never take my car on long trips because I think it'll be too boring. What do you do for hours and hours while driving a car? I would feel too enclosed and out of touch with the outside surroundings.
Listen to music. I suppose that's what I'd miss the most. I guess I could get headphones and use them while riding but that sort of scares me.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top