Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my fizzy but cannot stand the black wheels. She is silver... everything about her is silver except accents... Wheels aren't an accent, they are the primary bottom half of the bike! When I look at her, I see the top half and instead of the entire picture. Is it possible to get them from black to silver and if so, how?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would go to a shop that powdercoats and tell them what you want done. If they will do silver, you could do them 100% silver, silver and black, silver and polished, whatever floats your boat. My bike has black rims also, I think a gunmetal or bronze color would look really sharp, but it won't make it any faster or safer, so no color for me!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
you could always polish the wheels

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
yes, i mean u have to prepare it, but its just painted aluminum, then u just polish the aluminim.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
The problem with trying to powder coat those wheels is that the yamaha engineers decided to use a needle bearing in the back wheel. Its a pain in the ass to get out and its a no go for powdercoating ovens to have greasy bearings in the wheel.

An easy way would be to take the wheels to someone that paints cars, match the silver as close to your paint as possible and have them prep and paint the wheels. Use a good clearcoat and she will be as sweet as she can get.

Powder coating is nice but can be a real pain if not cleaned properly. Unlike most auto paints, it is a bit sensitive to the type of cleaner you use.

You should be able to get the wheels painted for about $200 or less if they have a silver close to what you want.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
436 Posts
polish the edges so you have the black in the middle and a polished lip...should stand out a little more and accent your bike

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
wait for ebay and then buy another set of rims.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Get dupilcolor wheel paint from wal-mart clean them and paint them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts