Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But i don't think my experience and monetary capabilites would permit that yet....but i can plan for a future second bike. :banana
What is the faring that covers the passenger seat and about how much does it cost? Deffinately makes the bike look better. IMO. Talk to you later guys, and keep the posts coming!
Aaron

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Welcome to the board Aaron. I don't want to tell you what you can or cannot do, but I will give you some advice.

First of all, the FZ6 is a great bike. Seeing that you're interested in its offerings shows that you have practicality in mind with a sense of adventure and the desire for occasional speed. For some, like me, the FZ6 was my first bike, but I do have restraint and my reasoning is seeming to get better with time, hopefully.

What's there not to like about the FZ6? You just have to ask yourself some questions and honestly evaluate the decision you're going to make. If money's a little shy, heck, I know it was for me at 17, then I'd get a beater for at least a year or two until you save up some cash for a good second hand FZ6. You'll probably find one for a steal by that time. It doesn't necessarily have to look like a beater, just something to rack up some miles on for the experience. Something a la SV650, EX500, Ninja 250, 1986 Fazer, Nighthawk, Rebel...

Keep your goals in mind and go for it! <----advice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmm, Are you talking about the FZ6 or the FZR600R? My second bike was a FZR600R and it was and still is a great bike. Although it can't compare to most of the newer bikes as far as power. It holds its own and then some in the twisties though. I always was a big fan of the double round lights on the bikes of the late 80's early 90's. The only thing I didn't like about the FZR was the tailend, but you could always swap it out with a R6 tail. Most of the newer bikes are ugly as hell to me and I think they need to do some retro type bikes. But then again I'm sure they won't but oh well...... :pisson

·
Registered
148 Posts
HamsFZ6 said:
What's there not to like about the FZ6?
1. If it rains...you get wet.
2. Harley owners won't wave to you.
3. If you're not well cushioned in the rear end the stock seat will bruise your butt to the bone.
4. People will compliment you on your nice BMW.
5. It has a chain, so you have chain maintainance.
6. There's a lot of cool mods to be done, expect to spend an extra $1k at least.

I'm really satisfied with this bike. I bought it to serve as a commuter vehicle and it does that job nicely.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, i'm ridding a ninja 500 now, i figure i'll do that through at least next spring, then start looking at a new/newer bike. It helps to be best friends with someone who's dad owns the kawi/yamaha dealership here. But i deffinately love the looks of the FZ6. I'm thinking of financing a new bike as my next one, but making sure i have all the money saved away so i can guarantee a good credit report from the start. It helps to be in the VT army guard, thats an extra paycheck everymonth to cover bills. Thanks guys, talk to you later.
Aaron
PS- Hams, i'm gonna be in Ft. Sill, OK all summer, do a ride bye to keep me going during basic!

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Hehehe....it looks like you know what you're doing Hclptrflr. Are you going active?

Fort Sill eh. I'll try to. If it sounds like a Blackhawk approaching, that'll be me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You'll love it if you get it....+1 on the rock hard seat though

REAR SEAT COWL; TCP aerodynamics makes one...Yamaha makes one for the 04.??not 05??? probable the same part though. A few others try google. Try to ride one, they rock :banana

·
Registered
354 Posts
You would also get us drooling of all the images of the bike you would post here :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hams, i'm going guard through flight school and college, then after college i'm probably going to go active. Do you fly 'hawks? I'm going in as a blackhawk mechanic, then going to flight school / warrant officer candidate school as soon as possible, can't wait!
Aaron
P.S.- Well everyone, had my first drop today....thought a buddy was going through the light as it had JUST turned yellow, and two other friends already had gone through, but no...his brake light just wasn't working....go old school pieces of #[email protected](*#@, so because of that, and my relative inexperience (i'm going to spend a whild in a parking lot practicing emergency braking now) i locked the rear tire, that skidded, and just as i stopped, it went over....luckily not much damage, but still unnerving and scary. But hey, live and learn right?

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
No, I'm over on the enlisted side of the house. I'm a maintainer of a radar system. It's a pretty cool gig. I'm enjoying it very much.

You're on the right track. If you could hold off on joining the military and get some education in beforehand, you'll be on top. Especially if you go to the officer side of the house, the furnishings are a bit better. However, the camaraderie might not be. At least in our shop, I feel like I'm part of a familiy...albeit somewhat disfunctional. If you got any questions regarding the military or the AF, pm me and I'll try to answer you honestly.

Glad you didn't get hurt though. Stuff like that happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts