1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im READY TO PULL OUT MY HAIR

i want a damn busa!!!!

i have the money

i have 3 years of HARD riding experiance.

i can afford the insurance

but they scare the SHIT out of me.

im a good rider

i can knee drag a 600ss

i can drag race on a 1000ss (ive never gotten one out on the streets a buddy just let me run his gixxer at the track)

but the busa is just scary

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
So you can drag a knee (I think you mean when you are falling off your bike). Drag raced a litre bike, and somehow you are intimidated by another mechanical object on two wheels of equal horsepower to the litre.

Me thinks you need to go have your milk N cookies.

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
you will get no affirmation here. if you want it, go get it.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
if you can ride a 600SS you can ride a Hayabusa -

throttle control is the main concern of people riding high horsepower bikes. You have that. And realize its going to be a bit heavier. That is all you can get from a guy who has never rode one....

but i dont think its as crazy as your making it - you know how to ride - a bike is a bike. Just dont twist the throttle like a lunatic and im sure you will be able to ride just fine.

·
Not always on two
2,727 Posts
The hayabusa is very smooth on power. Not like a twitchy liter. Go ahead...enjoy what you WANT.

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
what a worthless thread, and even more worthless that im commenting.

stop your bitching and buy it already although it sounds like you arent even old enough to get your moto permit

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I can't drag a knee on anything and I've been on a Busa for 5+ years without any problem.

They really aren't that scarry.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Sounds like the stigma of a "Busa" has got you shitting your britches. It's a freaking motorcycle that leans when you push the bars, and accelerates when you twist your right hand. If you think you are ready for one, get one. For me, I don't see the need for something like that, but we are different people with different likes and dislikes. I guess I just prefer to have to wring the neck of the bike I'm on in order to keep up. It seems like there is a 50/50 split in terms of this opinion. Some folks like having power everywhere, and some like having power in certain rev ranges.

Good luck whatever you do. :)

·
The Santee Tony
879 Posts
if you can ride a 600SS you can ride a Hayabusa -

throttle control is the main concern of people riding high horsepower bikes. You have that. And realize its going to be a bit heavier. That is all you can get from a guy who has never rode one....

but i dont think its as crazy as your making it - you know how to ride - a bike is a bike. Just dont twist the throttle like a lunatic and im sure you will be able to ride just fine.
+1

Lots of people do get caught up in the "OMG ITS A BUSA!!!"

If you have enough skills to drag a knee and drag race other SS bikes, you can ride a busa with no problems.

The bike is heavier...but also more comfortable, very stable at higher speeds, and has a smooth powerband.

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
im READY TO PULL OUT MY HAIR

i want a damn busa!!!!

i have the money

i have 3 years of HARD riding experiance.

i can afford the insurance

but they scare the SHIT out of me.

im a good rider

i can knee drag a 600ss

i can drag race on a 1000ss (ive never gotten one out on the streets a buddy just let me run his gixxer at the track)

but the busa is just scary
what's there to be scared of? it's just a big, clunky touring bike. nothing more. sorta like a goldwing without the stereo...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
13 Posts
couple years ago i met this guy (rents from my family)...didn't know anything about bikes then (still barely know anything now)

he had a gsx r600 and he did according to him everything he could to that bike performance wise. he went through everything and it was a long list. he was trying to sell it to me. i asked why and he replied "it's too slow. i plan to get a busa and turbo it"

i was like shieeettttttt

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
get an enduro.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts